WTF @ TFW - TFAs3e05 - Where is Thy Sting?

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF@TFW - TFAs3e05 - Where is Thy Sting?

Vangelus, GogDog, Seth, and Aaron tackle the turmulous tornado of whodunnit-whoisit that is "Where is Thy Sting?".

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:

iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_TFAs3e05_-_Where_is_thy_Sting.mp3

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
  2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

First!

Right place, right time!

Really enjoying these full suplemental episode reviews. These really deserve to be posted as news up on the home page as much as the regular eps imho so people know when a new one comes out. Didn't expect this one up so fast. I just found and got done listening the There's a Crowd ep last night.

3. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... I have nothing to add.

*downloads :D *

4. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yus! Thank you kind sir.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Waits for the backlash for things I said.

6. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Three words guys; Autobots. Are. Dicks. MEGATRON wouldnt have turned his back on wasp.

7. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Exactly, that's EXACTLY what happened with the Constructicons.

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Interesting comments about redemption there and missed opportunities. I was disapointed they didn't give Wasp that chance. Op may have been a dick, but Bulkhead never gave up on the Constructicons, same like he and Prowl never gave up on the Dinobots, Op or somebody said destroy the things, but Bulkhead gave them a second chance and they did turn out to be allies after all, so score one for Autobots offering redemption even though Op had nothing to do with it. So Bulkhead's treatment of Wasp does seem odd, but still I like how he stook up for BB, Wasp was threathing BB's life at the time Bulky said those things. Then on a similar subject there is the redemption of Sumdac, after all the work he did for him, Op and the other did forgive him, so score on more for the Bots doing something right. I think the most interesting redemption story still has yet to play out thought with Blackarachia. Where has she been lately, we know from Wasp's bio that they run into each other at some point. I doubt Op has given up on her redemption. I also am waiting for Sentinel's reaction to BA. Come to think of it, redemption is a major theme of TFA overall:

Op's wants redemption in the eyes of the Elite Guard and to be a hero.
    BB too to some degree, considering he was also a wash out, but also he had to redeem his friendship with Bulkhead on numerous occasions because of his jerky nature.
    Prowl's redemption is the journey we see revealed next ep from peacenik to team player in the war.
    Ratchet wants redemption in the eyes of those like Arcee and Omega Supreme who he feel he let down or helped to terrible things in the war as Omega's conscience.
    Sumdac wants redemption in the eyes of the Autobots for want he did with Megs and from his daughter that he lied to about her true origins.
    Lugnut seeks redemption in his failure to live up to what he thinks are Megatron's expectations of him.
    BA seeks redemption from her own self loathing being a trans-organic.
    Sentinel is constantly trying to redeem himself in the eyes of his superiors for the sake of his own ego to the point he puts others down to make himself look good.

I'm sure I could list more, but there seems to be a real recurring theme in TFA of people/TFs seeking aproval/redemption from others and defining themselvles and their self-worth on whether or not they receive that aproval or showing their growth by mvoing beyond that need and accepting themselves on their own terms.

Maybe I'm reading way too much into this, but some of those comments really got me thinking.

As for things I liked most about this ep -
    That final scene was epic, Shockwave rocks, I'm dispointed we didn't get to see the fight, but in some ways the sheer shock value of the scene was worth not knowing it was coming, especially so soon.

I like the jet twins, accents sounded a bit weird based on what I thought they'd sound like from the comic, but I'm liking it now.

I love to hate Sentinel Prime. The constant Longarm is the traitor was annoying, but I LOVED the running gag of Sentinel not being about to handle eath weather - hillarious as well and Jazz and Ratchet's ribbing of him. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

The ep did have it's problems, but I'm just not a TFA constructicon fan I've realized so even though the bodyswap was cliche and tired I still enjoyed it more.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    In before Michael Bay!

Buzz, no!! MY THUNDAH!!!! And he started from the bottom, it would have been mine!!

As for the voices for Jetfire and Jetstorm, some TRIVIA. Derrik Wyatt also did character designs for Teen Titans, and his big boon was Mas y Menos, Hispanic twin boys who gained super speed when they touched and spoke only in Spanish, it was a big deal because they were the only Titans created specifically for the cartoon. Safeguard is a throw back to those characters, hence these twins speaking with a heavy accent that's kinda Spanish kinda Russian... they're from Madeupistan.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    At lest I gave you some credit for having had spotted it.

11. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Very interesting thought! I also thought maybe their designs and anatomy was a throwback to those brothers from Teen Titans, Thunder and Lightning. Lightning, at least, had the "flaming hair" we see in the toy, as well as the skinny design.

[​IMG]

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally minor correction: That is actually not Sentinel Prime's head that Megatron is holding in War Within #2. It is the head of Emirate Xeon. A corrupt politician who helped cover up what Megatron was doing before starting his offensive. Megatron kills him just before the series starts. We never see anything of Sentinel except for his hand. But I wonder if somebody made the same mistake because it does look alot like Animated Sentinel Prime's head.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And I the only one thats thinks of these guys when you see Jetfire and Jetstorm
    [​IMG]

Also The mystery of the hammer: This may just be a case of me seeing something that isn't there. However there may be clues to the role of the hammer in the very room we find Magnus broken and near death
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These art panels could hold secrets to the past or maybe even the future of the hammer.
    In the first panel we see what looks like something being forged by a blacksmith.
    The second looks like either something being destroyed or maybe even the a sword in the stone type situation. Also look at the antlers...Shockwave????
    The third looks like Optimus or another Prime and with the allspark.
    And the fourth looks like Omega and maybe a space bridge.

Are these random filler images or do they have meaning? Is it a story of the past or their future?...you decide

14. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Whoa. Good eye. I never realized how much those symbolize the events in the story thus far.

EDIT: I also forgot to say, thanks Buzz and Gog for the "shoutout"! The topic they mentioned is over here. Plug!

15. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good podcast you guys

16. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Epicness. Will download once the bugger hits the UK itunes store. :D 

17. Cujo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gogdog the word is "vindicate"

not trying to correct you just giving you the word

18. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Nah, go ahead and correct him - You'll just get a shoutout. Or shout-at. :D 

19. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Oops. I just remembered that Megs killed Sentinel just before the beginning of the series, and when I was flipping through th MTMTE reissue right before, it had that pic and my brain remembered it as Sentinel. Good catch, I will correct it in the next Animated ep record and give you credit. :)  I don't like to be a conduit for misinformation.

20. Cujo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i already have -2 shout outs so no i'm not correcting him :rolleyes: