WTF @ TFW - Episode 37 - April 2, 2009

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Apr 6, 2009.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    In before Carmen Electra!

Okay, for the last time, cause I called the new toy being Cybertronian Ratchet when it first showed up, NO ACTIVATOR HAS TRANSLUCENT PLASTIC! He shows no gears, no springs, and has lots of obvious manual transformation... and there's a listing for a new deluxe Ratchet! STOP MISINFORMING THE PUBLIC!

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's a voyager?!

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It explains everything!

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Green Megatron that was mistaken for Fallen? Megatron with wings?! ...THEY MERGE!!! It's the whole surprise of the movie!

5. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In response to Vangelus's pic pick - is that how you pronounce "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ?

Man, why people gotta be hating on Animated Botanica? Though maybe I just have a soft spot for giant metal transforming wimminz.

Speaaking of JLU getting stuff after the show ending, that series is STILL getting toys. Granted making a new JLU figure is easier than making a Transformer for obvious reasons, but it still commanded decent amounts of shelf-space for a long time. That... means something...?

In 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra', The Doctor gets shot in the face, and the ROTF The Doctor crawls out of the Pretender-shell-body. U HERD IT HEAR PHURST

Oh, and for April Fool's the podcast should have gone in reverse order! Started with the outro, and ending on the intro, with everything flipped in the middle. Though the Exiting the Spoiler Section part might have been problematic. "If your future viewing experience of Revenge of the Fallen would be ruined by spoilers, you shouldn't have listened to the previous thirty minutes!"

6. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    vangelus i love the Doctor also i think that name is way cooler than scalpel.

7. kalelprime

kalelprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Intermission guy needs more love and I want to hear more about his dependents. (Was so bloody funny). Also its cool how despite not doing a cross over we do it in a more suttle way by both telling the same story from one of our prolonged chat sessions. I love Star Saber in space...should be the name of a series lol

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I liked Energon Rodimus. Rocket truck and flippy jet fists.

I loved Animated Botanica, too. :( 

9. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Blurr and Purple Shockwave this week too. (ON SALE!) Ah ha ha. If you had only waited a couple days... 14 dollars for both at Target. :rock 

There was one Wreck-Gar at the Target when I went though. Just one, and it was hiding on the back of the shelf. Didn't get it, but I saw it. It exsists on the shelf. At least here in North Carolina.

My Shockwave's head is loose too. Thanks for the info on how to fix. Don't think I have enough dexterity (or intellegence) to actually attempt the fix though. But thanks!:thumbs2: 

10. The DF

The DF Arbiter of the Beardbots

Ebay:
    In response to the Grimlock Spice-Rack topic, I am "that guy."

I have found myself lately to be the type of person who is tempted by some large figure or another, but then something innocuous or entirely silly about the figure will come to light, and then I'm sold, I have to have it. Last year, this happened with the Great Impact Model Gurren Lagann. The toy looked really cool, and I was tempted, but it wasn't until I found out the figure came with the Core Drill and that little house they dragged around in the first quarter of the series that I had to have it.

MP Grimlock was the same situation. The figure looked cool, and Grimlock was one of my first Transformers as a kid, so the nostalgia factor was there too. But I was on the fence about buying it until I found out that it came with an apron and a tiny bow-tie and a tray of drinks. I immediately ran to HLJ and put in a preorder for it. I simply had to have my own Butlersarus.

11. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

downloading.

12. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ugh. I got tired of manually downloading these. Yay iTunes!

13. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    So Vangelus IS going to be Spreem's Headmaster! I called it, people! Shower me in adulation/gifts/not abuse!

Oh, and David Hyde Pierce-ticon FTW, by the way; my personal choice for the role of Doc Scalpel would be Jeff Goldblum, but then he's my personal choice for every role, so my opinion probably doesn''t count.

PS - You should totally let the Spoiler Voice co-host next week. Poor guy sounds like he's desperate. :( 

14. SteamFan42

SteamFan42 Powered by Irony

Glad you liked the coffee, and the donut.

15. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I enjoyed this podcast, This is the first time I did not use ITunes (my computer is at home, we are on vacation) So it is really nice I can download the mp3 to my phone :) 

I have to agree that Botcon is much more than toys, I consider them as a bonus, it is all about the experiance.

Also, thanks to GogDog for the True Colors Shockwave fix! :D 

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    :lolol  love the spoiler/intermission session, esp that one organ note played for the last 20 seconds of the rant.

17. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I want to bear your children.

18. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I listened to the spoiler intermission again and I have to ask did you guys get Hulk Hogan to do that? :p  The last part sounded totally like it was pulled from some old WWE interview, all that was missing was a carefully placed "you know something brother.."

19. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was so close! I guessed that APV would be Spreem's POWERmaster.

20. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Always enjoy the shows.