WTF @ TFW - Episode 31

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Great job guys! You never fail to make me laugh. And with all the disapointing news about TFA lately show and toys getting cancelled, you help cheer me up. I hadn't seen pics of a lot of the Toyfair stuff yet so I was hunting down pics while I was listening.

Arcee - Sweet! Finally she's a car! I couldn't be happier! Please, please let her make it to the shelves and not be cancelled like HydroBee and whatever else is left!

Soundblaster - the first thing I thought of when I heard Ratbat is a keytar is someone needs to stick him with TFA Arcee and do a Stormer from the Misfits repaint - Susan Blu conquers all with the power of rawk! Oh, and cool repaint of SW idea, don't have him yet so I may get this version instead.

Devistator - I wasn't planning to get him, but still, what a disapointment, same reason I passed on Ultimate BB last year, to much light and sound, not enough transforming.

Skids and Mudflap - holy eido11, just when you thought movie bots couldn't get any uglier! Vang, you're a genius with that backstory, so is everyone else, all so much more creative than whatever the movie is going to give us I fear. Well, despite my love of twinbots, I'm sure not buying these two. Give me Sunny and Sides or Jetfire and Jetstorm any day over these Picasobots.

Longhaul - my favorite of the constructicons, that alt mode is a thing of beauty, I thought I was looking at a classics toy, robot mode is good too, I like symetrical bots.

Rampage - not my cup of tea, but the more I look at him the more I really like his unique asymetrical style, it's very crablike, like his name, so I'm loving the BW homage. Probably won't get the toy, but props to Hasbro for coming up with such a unique design that looks so cool instead of demented.

2. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I listen to past shows at work and its great to pass time.

Great ep.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Grammar and spelling are two different things. :D 

4. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Touché, Mr. Goggidy, touché...

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    "I'm GodDog and I'm from the Inter-E-net" :D 

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Questions for Vangelus:
    1.Do you plan to get stolen chinese versions of the gravity bots when they show up?
    2.Will you review said gravity bots if you get them(this applies to both stolen chinese versions and retail ones)?
    3.When do you plan to open up the
    Sideways is the Audi R8
    can of worms?

7. GogDog

News Credits:
    Give me a break! Typing on work breaks from an iPhone is not easy!

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    You know Buzzbeak we do share a common ground you love horribly looking made toys, while I love horribly made movies, I'm talking about those creature freatures that play on Sci-Fi channel.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    There's you problem, you need a Blackberry, word completion is your friend. :thumb 

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    the iphone does have a form of word completion, but it tends to complete the wrong word when it turns on. :) 

11. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i will say nothing....

12. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a note I just relistened to wtf@tfw ep 17

and it's hysterical

unleashed hystericality

13. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    LOL. I just got to it as I'm sitting here at home.

Though I didn't know it while listening, though I instead found the answer in our news archives. It's a Caterpillar 773B.

14. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great cast guys. takes the edge off the 7 hour drive i had to make today. I agree on a lot of the toy fair coverage. Look forward to the supplemental.

15. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Great job as usual.

Now, maybe I'm completely off the mark, but I'm surprised nobody's noticed this yet:

Devastator is made up of 4 voyagers and 2 deluxes, right? So that's $20 for each voyager and $10 for each deluxe. (4x20)+(2x10)=100. Thus, Devastator is 100 dollars.

16. GogDog

News Credits:
    Yeah, but there is a flaw with that logic. For one, they might be voyager and deluxe sized, but they don't transform into anything except limbs that have no real rhyme or reason, so they are not really worth full deluxe or voyager prices. And for two, the detailing on them is less than regular figures. You would think that with less engineering going into them, at the very least, their vehicle modes would look better than a figure that has to transform, but it doesn't. The transforming figures actually look better in vehicle mode than they do.

17. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

What makes you say they only have a vehicle and combined mode? The individual pieces we've seen have normal robot modes. Like the steamshovel toy, people were saying he looks like he could be transformed into part of the torso.

EDIT: I just went back and looked at the images of Devastator. You guys were right. I looked at the image of demolisher, and realized that the combiner one looked very different from the individual toy.

I'm so pissed...now there's no way I'm getting a Devastator toy. There's no point in getting all the individual ones if they don't combine, and no point in getting the giftset if the vehicles don't have robot modes. *@!%.

18. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Loved the extended podcast. I actually wish more of them ran this long, especially if there is a lot to talk about. Good stuff.

19. GogDog

News Credits:
    I do, too. Unfortunately, we are in the minority. :D 

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Gog, I too have an iPhone and it has a word completer/spell checker. It won't let me accidentally misspell "grammar". It will automatically replace it with the correct spelling unless I backspace and change it back to "grammer".

Also, since no one else mentioned it yet. Where did this talk of Universe going to only repaints come from? I know it's going on hiatus during the movie and being used only for store exclusive repaints, but last I heard it was going back to new molds again after it comes back. Was there an announcement I missed about the fate of classics?