WTF @ TFW - 97 - May 27 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, May 31, 2010.

1. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Actually I like WWGTW and if its non-TFs than thats cool with me because you get variety of different figures out there to buy besides TFs and what their opinions about it are if their positive or negative. So thats my two cents.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I know some people who want the non-TF stuff to go would say "go listen to another podcast if you wanna hear about kamen rider and all that". Well, to that I say, I'm a TF fan first and foremost. So hearing about the things my fellow TF fans like as well, from people that I've grown to like and respect the opinions of since the podcast started, well, that's awesome for me.

so please keep it. chapter skip is easy for the people who complain.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

A million times agreed, Valkysas. Not only have I repeatedly chimed in on how much I love the segment, TF-light or heavy, I recall a similar argument over discussions of video games. While that bit prompted a certain Seth Buzzard to start his own podcast with Deefuzz as backup, the WWGTW segment feels too brief and varied as it is to warrant its own podcast, and making it any more comprehensive and detailed would dilute the experience. I don't need to listen to Vangelus cover Kamen Rider facts I already know for an hour, but I love the concentrated burst of opinions I get from him and the others who ride proudly with the bugmen during the segment.

But you never know! Maybe somebody else would really want to make a WWGTW podcast independently of Vange, same way Seth did. I seriously doubt it, but crazier things have happened.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People's griping is not why we started Gamepads Unplugged - Blog and if anyone thinks they diverse credit for it's creation because of there complaining is dead wrong.

I had been exploring the idea of starting a podcast well before WTF was reborn and the thought never left the back of my head. It was just a matter of the right topic, the right co-host and a simple and affordable hosting solution coming together. Never was "OMG I'm not allowed to talk about video games people are mad at me." a factor of that.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised that Beast machines wasn't mentioned in Cybertron alt modes, like the movie alt modes they used their heads to see in vehicle mode but they just looked sleeker and cooler than the congealed forms in the movieverse

6. DarthPrime117

DarthPrime117 Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    1) I love WWGTW. Keep it as it is. Like it has been said, it's kinda a dry spell right now with TFs. That said, even if there were tons of new TFs out right now I don't see how it is better to hear everyone on the podcast say "I got Animated Arcee" rather than hearing what else they got. Variety is the spice of life people! Lol! Also, it's real easy to click past that chapter.

2) I've got to disagree with GogDog on picking up Alternity Starscream. Starscream is my bread and butter. He's been my go to TF since I can remember. I have just about every iteration of him. However, that horrible face/head mold totally put me off on spending $50 on him. But, I think Skywarp is money and once I saw the pics we got of him on here on Friday I immediately picked him up from BBTS. I'm also not real big on Alt Screamers paint scheme. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope we get a red repaint of Alt Screamer with Alt Skywarp's head.

7. TransRanger

TransRanger Well-Known Member

Where's the links for this Chrono Label stuff and G1 Arcee?

8. Rcaswell

Rcaswell Well-Known Member

Great podcast this week. Once again it had my co-workers looking at me strangley when I was laughing at apparently nothing but the project I was working on. Just for my two cents, I like the 'what we got this week' how it is too.

Oh and GogDog, I worked as a custom frame designer for 5 years and have framed animation cells before if you want any ideas on how to do it yourself and what not.

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Sure man, send me a PM.

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I could take any Disney Label I'd have a Genie that transforms into his own lamp. In regard to this WWGTW drama that I've taken no more than a minute paying attention to I say keep it & if you don't like talk about non-tf stuff, just skip it for a while as we're in a drought.

11. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Another great podcast guys. Keep on makin and I'll keep on listening.

12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I never thought you created the podcast because people were complaining, but I thought those comments might have spurred the idea on. Whatever.

Nice to finally listen to the podcast!

13. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

:horse: 

can we ever get past* this!

BTW great podcast i LOVED Gog's rant on fishing

edit: thanks gog!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  14. GogDog

News Credits:
    Fixed.

15. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't been listening long to these podcast but I was under the impression that it was about these thw TFW forums/website, would that be correct?

16. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Vangelus..
    My big problem with Star scream's car mode is not that it's so unique or whatever.. But in white it just doesn't look good on the transformer.

The purple version looks better, the white mode just hides too much of the details and the head lights and taillights don't really look nice in my opinion.

that's just one of my reasons besides the face that starscream isn't too good.

17. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    I loved that rant on fishing! It was great!

18. GogDog

News Credits:
    It's about Transformers. Though we usually use the TFW front news page for most of our current news.

19. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Mr. Buzzard, I can hook you up on that engraving thing if you want. I got a machine at work.

20. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

It is odd that they did not cast it in red. Both skywarp and Thundercracker look better cast in a solid color