WTF @ TFW - 97 - May 27 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, May 31, 2010.

1. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sweet, i get recognition for my Forza stuff on my birthday. lol. totally freakin awesome. when i counted a few weeks back i had over 75 designs and i've made a few more since then. thanks alot guys. new update soon.

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good man! You're doing great stuff. :D  Happy birthday!

Durr, I forgot about the link. >.< Yes, it was PrimeGuy and Dash who had done up the Yokattamobiles.

I thought all the quotations in the first post meant we were doing things in a fun and jabby way, I just wanted to participate. :( 

But yes, part of the reason I spend the extra time doing chapters and timelines is so folks can move along if a given topic isn't doing it for them. :D  Either easily or with a lot of guidance, depending on the file type that's downloaded.

3. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not sure if this has to do with you mentioning me or not, but i just turned on Forza and i have 94,000 credits waiting in my storefront. lol

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You owe Deefuzz a hug.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My cat Banjo was sitting on the arm of my chair and when he jumpped off it pulled out the plug for my head set. It was a good time.

6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Banjo seems like a fun cat.

My good time with my cats were when one of them broke glass.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I liked Shockwave1138's question. I liked the audio editing.

7. ArctoConvoy

ArctoConvoy Active Member

my cats just seem to like to either chew on or knock over most of my gundam models.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    For those asking, the prototype pictured is actually a 3D print of the CAD file I created it with. That material isn't that great for a usable action figure, but works perfect for test fitting parts. Not so sure plywood would work Vangelus. ;)  I do plan to mass produce these in ABS plastic. I wanted to have them in time for Botcon, but it was not meant to be. I've got the deal for tooling and production all worked out, just waiting on a rather large check so I can have it done.

The barrel folds down behind his back. The only parts forming is the scope on his arm. Also, he is not called TargetMaster Megatron for obvious reasons. He is MasterShooter Mega-Gun. Any other questions about him?

9. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

I have to concurr with what others have said about WWGTW going off-topic. While I don't mind a bit of off-topic banter (and I love the majority of the podcast btw and appreciate your efforts) I'm the type of person who believes that you shouldn't fill up time with crap if there isn't anything meaningful TF related to talk about - just make the podcast shorter until things pick up or bring in a different segment *gasp!*
    I stay away from Twitter, so missed the poll.

Other than that, I usually enjoy the podcasts and look forward to the next one :) 

10. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should get on Twitter, it's rad.

11. Rikerwota

I'm sure it's an invention of the Devil, Seth...that and Facebook...I've seen what it's done to people so I stay away for the sake of my soul *blows raspberry*

12. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Well, it isn't called "What Transformers we got this week". :) 

Besides, we're in that zone where there aren't any new toys in retail and they're probably saving for Botcon. (I assume) Besides, I don't mind talking about Karmen Rider, Green Lantern, tech, etc. because you might learn about new things like I did! :D 

EDIT: Argh! I'm slow at replying!

13. Rikerwota

Sorry, upon reflection perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'crap' as I didn't quite mean it that way. I'm sure there are plenty of people interested in that type of thing, and I wasn't trying to throw a tantrum about it, just offered my agreement to some of the other posters.

14. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    No Problem. :thumb 

It wasn't just to you, but to all others who mentioned it. Just wanted to say what I said. I'm not trying to be mean. At first I wanted it to be 100% Transformers.

I remember the first time I listened to a WWGTW where no one got anything Transformers related and I was kind of disappointed. But then I started to grow on it and now I enjoy it. :) 

15. GogDog

News Credits:
    Trust me, we don't discount anyone's opinion at all. But whenever we ask, the overwhelming majority says they like it the way it is. Not saying what we are doing is the absolute end all be all perfect way to do it, but from our feedback, if we did change, we'd disappoint more listeners than we would appease.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    as I said on twitter, I like it the way it is. You guys have expanded my horizons to other cool stuff, and I'm thankful for that. ESPECIALLY in this massive TF dry spell.

If people keep complaining, well, it's easy for them to skip that chapter, so they don't have to hear it, while it's still there for those that do.

Or hell, you could start making up transformer toys.

17. GogDog

News Credits:
    I actually like that idea.

18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely don't intend to discard opinions outright, and hope I haven't given the impression that I'm into that kind of thing. It's moreso about how I've weighed things out from the last 97 weeks of experience.

As I'm seeing it, keeping WWGTW as it is does not jive with several listeners. Part of how I try to accomodate them is to offer a large amount of support in being able to skip by it without missing the copious Transformers content that surrounds it (at a 3-to-1 ratio at worst).

Shortening or outright removing it as a hard rule would cause the following issues:
    -There is a similar vocal listenership who have in past expressed either a positive approval or neutral nod to WWGTW, and that would diminish their listening experience with no easy and supportive workaround option akin to the chapter markings and timeline listing.
    -A long time ago I tried to clamp down more on WWGTW. This made the section un-fun or even a little stressful for several of us podcasters, and several listeners also spoke up requesting that it be made more open-form again.

The main thing is, the number of listeners for/neutral or against aren't titanically clear-cut, and the simplest workaround (chapter markings, timeline listings) involves keeping it as-is.

The simplest workaround if WWGTW were to be removed/shortened that would satisfy the listeners who get something out of it would be to do entirely separate podcast releases, and that is a lot more work for me and the listeners that would want to hear it, than chapter markings and timeline listings.

I have no issue with folks who dislike WWGTW when it's light on Transformers, and do my best to accomodate them. But to take those accomodations farther than I already have would amount to a lot more extra work for no overall notable gain.

Also bear in mind that any of the podcast participants are free to add brevity to their reports if they feel it's necessary, and we've all done it now and then.

Anyway, that's how I've costed it out. :D  Hope this helps clear up my intentions as the producer of the podcast.

19. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook stinks, it's to over blown. On Twitter everything is short and to the point.

20. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    LOL, this. Fandom, I love you but take it easy.