WTF @ TFW - 92 - April 22 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  2. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

There's too many podcasts released. I'm still getting through this one. Gotta say though, very disappointed on the decision for wingblade prime to be voyager instead of deluxe. I'm happy the parts are being released, but they dont do as much for the voyager. Still, maybe i can buy the parts and stick them on my deluxe.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can understand the change. Japan is a lot more flexible on price points than the US is. Each toy can have it's own price, and no-one blinks an eye at it. So the most bang for the buck is going to be that armor on the Voyager sized Prime. To get the same thing released in the US you have to fit it into the 20 dollar price point and so you put 10 dollars worth of armor onto a 10 dollar toy.

4. TedimusPrime

Is there any difference between this voyager prime and the last one? As you guys discussed, the deluxe was a way to get a "clean prime". Nothing we can do about it, I just really dont want to buy the voyager mold just to get the armor bits. But i guess that's just my own agenda.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't think that there is any difference known about between this Prime and the previously released Japanese Voyager sized Prime.

As for differences between the sides of the Pacific Ocean? Mostly just shiny paint in the Japanese version rather than the matte finish on the US release.

6. TedimusPrime

Well I dont hold a position where i dictate the selling of transformers obviously. So there's nothing really left to say.

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I'm taking it that Omegus' Animorphs are going to end up as Plastic Addict fodder?

8. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    I love me some plush pussy Prime! :D