WTF @ TFW - 78 - January 14 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I cried a bit on the inside about how the schoolyard bully was picking on me for not liking his crappy toy line over my crappy toyline. Though it did work out so that non-rider people could follow the gist of the question and response.

2. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WWGTW is my favorite segment, off topic or not. Toy collecting is my primary hobby with transformers just being one of the franchises I enjoy. The reason I listen to this podcast (and this is the only podcast I listen too) isn't because I wanted to find a transformers podcast specifically. It is that the people who make this podcast are entertaining to listen to. But yeah, I have no idea about anything Kamen Rider, but would still prefer to here about any OT stuff aquired during WWGTW.

3. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    This "What We Got This Week" reminded me of something and so I ask this question: Did anyone ever make a techno remix of Vangelus saying "I'm gonna blow that little horse"?

4. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Yay! Here's my "What I got this week". My recently bought Wacom tablet arrived in the mail, so maybe I'll be more around the fan art boards soon. Also, a very great guy running the "Transform and Roll Out" facebook group mailed my free decepticon hat and t-shit I won in a contest! and on all that, I'm going out to snag bludgeon tomorrow.

5. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

I've never had a huge complaint with the show ever. I mean this was a duller episode just because I'm unfamiliar with a lot of what was being said. That's going to happen from time to time. To me it's almost like complaining Movie Prime's flame job. I like flames on cars, I don't think Prime needs them, but whatever it's cool, no biggie.

I think a part of it too was not as much of the topic of conversation either as it was me wanting to leave work and I knew the podcast was going to wrap about 30 mins ahead of quitting time based on when I started it. So it was almost an "Ok hurry up and finish so I can go home" thing.

I love this podcast though, it gets me through work and there's been some truly awesome moments that I'll always be thankful for cause it makes my day nicer. So even though I wasn't a huge fan of this episode I still say excellent job, thank you and keep it up! I'm looking forward to the next 78 episodes.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

If I may throw my hat into this topic, I actually like hearing the hosts bring up other toy lines and figures from time to time, as it usually may have an entertaining anecdote attached to it. Or sometimes I may end up learning about something I didn't know about before, that I may actually be interested in.

But that's just me.

7. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I personally don't mind if the WWGTW segment tangents onto other toylines. Whilst I might not always be interested in the actual line being discussed, it does help to broaden my horizons and the crew usually manage to make the discussion entertaining with their banter. Besides, one of the crew might get a force fx lightsaber or a NERF gun, and then when they mention it on WWGTW I'll be all "Woo hoo" and punching the air and stuff.

I totally agree with this. Some of my favorite WTF@TFW moments have actually been tangents. Vangelus' Twilight rant and subsequent retraction amid howls of mockery from the rest of the crew is still a favorite of mine.

I do have one quick observation. I can't remember much discussion of the IDW transformers comic in recent podcasts. Is this a deliberate choice or is it just a case of no-one in the crew buying them anymore? :lol 

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No :( 

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    We have a supplemental coming up soon.

10. TedimusPrime

The intermission... I'm glad you used that song. :D 

11. Crabeg

Crabeg Well-Known Member

this is pretty much what i wanted to say in my original post,

12. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

:cool:  Looking forward to it.

13. GogDog

News Credits:
    We were going to do it a few days before Christmas but we ended up being too busy.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  14. TedimusPrime

On the whole thing about not jumping up and down for Peter Cullen. While it is true, I think one of the reasons at least I feel this way is because it was announced before either trailer. I think fandom would have reacted a bit more if that was the first we heard of it.

15. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have never heard of a car called a Okamora orochi ,but i know a car called a Mitsuoka Orochi:) 

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're going to love how I misremembered its name in ep79. :lol 

17. Rider Strike

Rider Strike HARD WORK AND GUTS.

*Reads comments then proceeds to smash head against wall*

18. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    How soon?, because I was wondering when the poem supplemental was going up

19. GogDog

News Credits:
    Talk to Vangelus. I recorded my parts for that like 6 months ago. :D 

20. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:
    Here is my take on the whole podcast, Great show entertaining as heck especially when you drive an hour plus to work one way. The NON TF stuff is all cool BUT BUT BUT how about some links to whatever in the heck you are talking about because I am listening to this and I want to look it up but there is nothing in the show notes so then I have to listen to the podcast again as I was listening to it initially driving down the road the first time. It is a bit hard to look something up when you are driving 75mph down the road though I have tried at times.

Keep it up and do not change a thing with the format.

MM