WTF @ TFW - 78 - January 14 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jan 19, 2010.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Man, 78 already?!?!? It feels like just yesterday day the #52 came out. Keep up the good work guys. I love this PodCast!!!

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Something to listen to tomorrow @work. Thank you kindly.

After listening, I think you guys should have an addditional podcast to discuss Japanese toys that aren't Transformers. As I don't collect that stuff, it was hard to follow what was being discussed.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  3. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    wow vangelus stealing jokes from a movie dude. i am saddend and and impressed if anyone can tell what movie its from.

4. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Almost 2 hours, SWEET

5. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    ah sweet podcasty and vangilicious goodness

6. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    A chipmunk and Metal Gear Solid? Seriously?

Also, Fallout 3! YES! I hope you got the GOTY edition. That game is awesome. I was actually playing while listening to the entire podcast.

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow, that was an entertaining podcast from Vangelus' Chlamydia Madness to OMG Lupis Convoy's list of stuff from his brother who went to Florida all done with dramatic music and a chipmunk voice. Nicely done, guys.

8. maharg83

maharg83 new and improved reissue

Liatening to it now. Vangelus, have you been watching the film waiting? The discuss the whole chlamydia name thing too.

Anyhoot enjoying as always!

9. The DF

The DF Arbiter of the Beardbots

Ebay:
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Vang brought up an interesting point about some of us becoming internet old. If they had Cullen doing anything Transformers 10 years ago the internet would have exploded, now it's just meh.

Times they are a changing, now I'm all depressed as I feel old :lol 

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ......Vangelus

why???

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uhh, Lupis? Would you mind posting a list of what you got? I don't think I caught all that(props to whoever's idea it was for the MGS music though).

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Now we just need Omegus to try and top it ;) 

I have seen this haul. I have run my fingers through it's plasticy goodness. Caressed it's plentiful bosom and came home with the high quality Vehicle Voltron KO and the black G1 Jetfire-esque jet. My girlfriend came away with the Macross/Robotech model kits and a bubblegum crisis music CD.

14. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    OMG... The intermission scares me. Vangelus what is in you head?!?!?!... Do I even want to know?

Great episode guys it was fun.

15. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really good podcast this week ,very funny.Wow Lupis that was a looooong list,intro and intermission:eek: 

16. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

I just listened to the podcast and feel the need to point out an incongruity.

You asked that any questions being submitted are about Transformers since it is a Transformers Podcast. Makes sense.

The problem is that you guys spent at least half an hour yammering on about toys you got, most of which were NON-TRANSFORMERS!! All of which had convoluted, nonsensical japanese names which mean absolutely nothing to any of your listeners (like myself) who have no friggin' idea what you're talking about!

I fell asleep listening to it!

If you're going to impose a "Transformers discussion only" limitation on the listeners, then it really should apply to you guys too.

17. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was expecting a response like this, and prepared a counter-argument! :D  Though I take exception to your use of entirely disprovable hyperbole, it shoots your post in the foot.

(Also, if you dislike hearing moonspeak so much, you could very easily skip ahead using the chapters and/or timeline I provide for you every week. ;)  )

'What We Got This Week' is a section entirely about the podcasters' spending habits and acquisitions, so it can cross genres as much as it needs to. In past we worried about staying on-topic, and after over a year I have come to the conclusion that a majority of the listeners either don't mind or enjoy the various tangents we go on. I have also brought its length into question in past, but a vocal listenership requested that I not grind it down into a 10 minute segment. It's worth noting that the section has also at times been shorter and/or more Transformers-centric, entirely depending on what we got that week.

The Listener Question section, however, gets that vaguely stricter topic cap put on it because its content is stemmed from a group of more than 7 people. It also needs to be Transformers-related because I like to keep the chapter-marked topics outside of What We Got This Week based on Transformers discussion. Allowing Listener Questions, which can in fact move to non-Transformers places so long as there is Transformers content in them as well, to be 100% off-topic goes too far down the slippery slope that I enjoy our discussions riding on at present.

And to be honest, even on our worst days of going all over the map, every podcast released has had a majority of its time spent on Transformers discussion. That, combined with the chapters and detailed timelines I provide to you each week, balances out any topic imbalances in the What We Got This Week section.

Does this mean the rules are bent in favour of the podcasters? I don't believe so, as per my reasonings above. But if they are, then I'm allowed to do that given how many hours per week I spend working on this production. :) 

So while I appreciate the concern that there is an incongruity, I have already considered that notion and feel that it is misguided.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't want to make a smart ass comment to the effect of "It's our show, and we make the rules", but that's basically true. If a store manager has a sign that says "do not enter" to keep people out, now he's not allowed to enter the door either because the rule applies to everyone?

Let's not be silly.

If you nearly feel asleep, then you fail to understand the purpose of A) Vangelus putting in chapter markers so you can easlity skip boring parts or B) the common function of fast forward available on any device that plays audio media.

19. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    By any chance can we get a supplemental of "What Lupis Got This Week"?

EDIT: No need. See me in 30 minutes.

20. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Eheh. Ehehehe. Heh. And I'm done.