WTF @ TFW - 77 - January 7 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Sweet. I was hoping to meet my podcast quota during my time off this week!

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Here's a picture from the cartoon that might explain why Cybertronian modes have cockpits.
    [​IMG]

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    It is indeed.

4. MiraiBaby

MiraiBaby Til All Are Gone

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Figures it goes up right after I go to bed.

5. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

I'm gonna step up to the plate here for a second. I'm gonna defend Recon Ironhide a bit here. I ironically picked him up this weekend and I actually have a little review for him I'd like to post for you all:

Recon Ironhide. An excellent top notch retooling. They maintained his automorph legs which is both a bonus and a drawback. I kept having to fiddle with them to keep them from mistransforming too much. It's retained a lot of the original and ROTF Ironhide's transformation process, it's almost identical. That's a plus especially if you've already got one or more of his other versions. The wondrous thing about this guy though is his accessories and playability. Oh my God, it's there in a big way. The bayonet, hunting knife, sniper rifle and Gatling gun all interact beautifully and nearly 100% with each other. The only slight thing was that bayonet and hunting knife can't attach to the Gatling gun, but then why would they? However they both can attach to the sniper rifle. The arm cannons are awesome as well. They're considerably scaled down and in fact, look dinky compared to the original. However, this representation of them looks better in scale with the character and works well. Both have a small tab on them which allows the Gatling gun or sniper rifle to attach to the side, as well as a hole for the butt of either weapon to attach to the front of them. They can also be placed on either arm as is needed. The best part though is the bow. It only attaches to the left arm cannon but given the fact that the swivel joints on the bicep can turn 360 degrees and the hands do as well you can get some pretty awesome poses. It definitely conveys the look and feel of a bow. One very awesome thing you can do is tuck his shoulder in and push the door under a tab so the spring loading doesn't move, and if you turn his head, he looks perfectly through the front window on either the passenger or drivers side depending on which side the bow is placed. Also, looking at this, the paint job suddenly makes sense as looking at it from a little distance causes his face to blend in with the rest of him. So you'd definitely know there's something odd there but then it'd be too late as the missile would be launched and you'd be dead. The other really awesome thing is all of his weapons are 100% "collapsible". Meaning you can take them apart and store them on his backpack. Even the bow stores perfectly, so if you don't want to have him holding the weapons you don't have to. It makes it feel like the Transformer actually is tracking an enemy and setting a trap in order to fully assemble the ultimate gun. So all that said and done, I recommend this figure to everyone. I think it will be something that you can enjoy no matter what.

I will add in this one thing, since I heard Gogdog bring it up about Bludgeon, his fists are a little tight in holding the bayonet and hunting knife, but it's not a huge drawback really. But I do reiterate that I absolutely recommend picking up Recon Ironhide even if you've already got one or more versions of movie Ironhide.

6. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Thank god for this! I love listening to these podcasts as I do my work! There are only so many times I can re listen to the Red Alert section and Animated Cliftjumper

7. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I ordered my mighty muggs off the internets for the newest transformers wave and i didn't have any paint QC issues luckily :D 

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
  9. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Well-Known Member

I would very much like The Vangelus Review to feature the new light box/tent that internet personality Vangelus received.

10. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    About the Cybertron Q'nA....

"G-2 story pages
    When the Autobots and Decepticons finally laid down their armed and forged the Cybertron Alliance, they rebuilt and restored Cybertron, using the energy known as Nucleon, which Optimus Prime recovered from the core of a black hole."

Cybertron (planet) - Transformers Wiki

11. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

The daleks are quite fun, aren't they. And you never have to worry about inferior articulation.

12. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. Articulation looks to be a problem with other figures in the line.

13. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Still, that price is a bit hard to bear, especially on newer two-packs. Everywhere I look, they want $40 for the new 3rd Doctor two-packs! It's the only reason that I haven't picked up any Daleks yet. But then you asked that question in the Who thread, and I really started looking again...

It's specifically Who North America, Your Doctor Who Source: US-Based Suppliers of Doctor Who and British Sci Fi Merch for those wondering, and it has some damn nice deals I wasn't expecting. But no Genesis Ark set! That's the one I think I've got to get.

14. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Figueroa+Eiden=Win

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm deathly curious about the DCPI's too.

Cool to hear what you guys got for Xmas and the surrounding weeks, too!

The part about WFC "it's totally like Gears of War!" was funny. Attracting a wider audience is exactly what they are trying to do. Walking slowly with their fingers up to their ears is a major part! "Megatron and Starscream on their first date." Dear God, Vangelus! I can here the fangirls squealing now....

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Mr Buzzard, you are very welcome. Consider it a late Christmas present.

Vangelus, can you link us to some info on your light box? I'd like to see some pics of it and get an idea of price and where I can order one.

17. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Real men build their light boxes.

Like I did.

18. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gog was right about me not stopping with the 2 Dalek 3 packs. I ordered some more Who stuff last night including a 5 pack of Cybermen I said I wasn't going to troop build.

I am still standing firm on not getting the Doctors, the articulation just looks to limited for my liking especially on a 5" figure.

And here is a pic of the Daleks I got if anyone cares.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  19. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

They are beautiful and oh-so-tempting! Only reason I'm not getting the Classic packs is due to a self-imposed rule. Since I've only seen the current series, those Daleks will be the only ones I pick up. Probably ordering a couple Assault ones by the time the week ends!

20. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should do a set with the 3rd Dalek Emperor and some white Daleks for him to chill with. Naturally the head of the Emperor should open to show the surprise inside.

Also the Special Weapons Dalek would be sweet. http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapons_Dalek

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010