WTF @ TFW - 57 - August 20 2009

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No lie, I did some work on it today with The Diggler. My parts are now in post production. There where computer problems that delayed recording.
    I'll have to put some thought into that, but one would probably be Ms. Pac-Man and or Galaga.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  2. Squallte

Squallte Summoner of Shiva

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Drew,
    AWESOME FIND!!! Love the Digibash ideas and WhiteMocha WINS in my book!!! I sure hope that Hasbro, Fun Pub, or Tomy are taking notes and some of these ideas come to light!!! I'm really digging everything from the Nebulos set and am AMAZED that the Scorponok figure hasn't happened as a Universe!!! They forced that mold on us in Cybertron!!! Also digging how that Cyclonus mold could be made into it's own army of different characters and fit every single one!!!

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As has been said, gears are turning on the poetry thing. It was on the backburner throughout the episode 50/51/52/53 weeks, and I didn't really get things moving on it til after that. :( 

4. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I bought two Scalpel's (one for me & one for my friend) and they are both in Perfect condition ;) 
    wow...hearing you guys talk about Scalpel's issues...i am lucky!!!

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    It's weird for me as the comics should be the best source for TF fiction out there but have always failed to really capture the imagination. I think the problem with the comics is just a big lack in consistency as the quality of both the art and story seems to be all over the place. That and the lack of a consistent ongoing story kills it for me as it's definitely all over the map and is plagued by to many mini-series and one shot stories.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Comics would be great if they had a wider distribution in my region. Comic book shops are on life support at best in this region (when you find one), and the major book retailers don't carry the single much. I actually prefer TPBs, but they can be a bit harder to plan for.

Comics also need to not take themselves as seriously as they do. This is coming from someone who regards the format as "sequential art" in the fine art. I'd like to see some stories that are just either "cool" in a rad sense, or just really fun (as in the Animated) sense. I'm long tired of Transformers just being a robot version of Star Trek/Star Wars. I love my comics, but there are many problems holding it back from being the "ideal" media form.

The cartoons and movies have their own vices, too. I'll just merely say "substance" would do them well and leave it at that. I'll cite Animated here again though :) 

In regards to comics, though, I think Transformers would be well-served with some sort of pack in (like the comics and DVDs). I'm actually a pretty big fan of using TCC for media things. However, we need more than a 10 page newsletter every two months as well (sorry TCC, if what I get in the mail every two months is a "magazine", then Entertainment Weekly and other such subscriptions we also get in the mail are novels. Yeah . . . .). A bi-monthly schedule won't cut it either, regarding the "ideal" media form.

So far, I have to say I'm a pretty big fan of the Transformers: Mosaic pieces. Beside the fact that Radicons just recently painstakingly added the massive Mosaic gallery to the Radicons Fan Art gallery (and we still add new submissions! Go check it out! :wink: ), I'm a huge fan. I also love the interactivity of the fan base to contribute to it as well. I really think it does well to add to the "playability" of Transformers. Many of usl add our own stories anyways, and what better way to fuse the two? :) 

If one hasn't gathered, I'm a pretty big fan of what Radicons does and what Radicons contribute to the community (on a good day, anyways :) ).

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Ah, Ms. Pac-Man. You rock! My favorite of the old arcade era. I swear my dad was a local champ at that thing. 100 degrees outside on our vacations visiting grandparents in Arkansas. Dad and I would slip out the the nice air conditioned arcade for a few hours.

Cool question for best media for TFs. I'd say a toss up as well. Cartoon should be the best since it also has VAs and watching TFs actually transform, but the best ones do get cut of in their prime it seems while some of those comics series have been amazing.

And my Allspark Almamac finally arrived. Boy, is it worth it! I'm only about half done reading it but a did glance over the whole thing and all I can say is while I haven't spotted TFA Vangelus yet, page 193 should still make you very happy Chris. I really don't want to spoil anything from the book though, there's just so much to it.

8. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Since you asked Vangelus, I attended the Allspark Almanac signing at Emerald Knights in Burbank. There was a big turnout and it was great to meet Jim, Bill and Derrick. Really a tremendous book. Love it!! Long live TFA. :) 

Great show BTW - I like you guys' podcast. It funny.

9. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ROTF game DLC is awesome. The new characters are more than just skins. Yes, all the G1 characters fire lasers instead of bullets, they make the G1 transforming sound, Starscream's special is firing Megatron in pistol mode, Prime and Megatron use their Energon weapons for melee attacks (axe and mace) Jazz and Sideswipe are really bad ass, Soundwave ejects movie versions of Rumble (blue) and Laserbeak, they all have some new dialogue, the MP maps are rad and so is Jetfire. Basically if you have the game, spend the $10, you will not regret it.

4 of my Scalpel's legs fell off out pf the package, 5 of his leg sockets are cracked.

Great stuff guys, keep up the good work :) 

11. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    It's unbelievable how a product can have such a universal failure.

12. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I seriously must have lucked out with my Scalpel, Optimus Scourge picks the good ones. :D 

13. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Out of curiosity, how would one go about submitting questions to the podcast? there isn't a sticky, and I suck at digging through threads for info.

14. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generally we find it easiest if you post one on youtube (can just be audio and an image) with WTF@TFW in the tags and title. Also can send me audio of the question if you prefer, or just text, but bear in mind I am scatterbrained and unreliable. :lol 

Youtube method is both an easier reminder, and something that any of us can find instead of just me.

15. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    especially when you are playing Batman: Arkham Asylum :lol 

16. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Hi guys, once again, really enjoyable podcast.:thumbs2: 

I especially enjoyed listening to the crew's discussion of the possible contents of the DVD commentary tracks. Personally, I would LOVE Bob and Alex to have their own track where they were free to speak about the film without Bay hanging over their shoulder. Based on their interview comments, the vibe they've given off about some of the more controversial aspects of the film, and a comparison of most of their recent work (LOST, Star Trek, MI:3) to ROTF leads to be think that what we got on screen was very, very different from their original concept of the story.
    Which is probably why that commentary won't happen.:lol 

It's a shame that Roberto Orci never came back to Seth Buzzard about his offer to appear on the podcast, and I do wonder how much of that was due to the fact that Orci might have to confront directly questions from the podcast crew about how much of the script was changed at Bay's request, and how happy he is with the final product.

17. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that bummed me out to, the couple of times he replied he seemed interested, even gave me a rough time frame of when we might do it. I wouldn't be surprised if some publicist, PR person or the like got in the way. That or he was to busy or just didn't care anymore, we'll probably never know.

The time he suggested we might do it was long before the movie came out, like in November. I don't know if questions like that would have occurred to us then like they would now.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  18. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That podcast was good... I can't say its great and all its just starting to sound like a broken record... sorry for you using old methpors. Anyways I think comics work best with Transformers and television is a close second because you can do more at a budget or something like that.

Gog- Man, that sucks that you're getting some bad mojo when getting Scalpel or Zhe Doktor (bad German accent there) anyways I hope you find a decent one.

Drew- I've seen what White Mocha did this those digibashes...HOLY CRAP!!! Their awesome. 'nuff said.

19. The Nerdformer

The Nerdformer Well-Known Member

What dvd's are you on? And ask all of the others guys too bcuz i would like to see it!

20. The Nerdformer

The Nerdformer Well-Known Member

So is animated personality Vangelus in it?