WTF @ TFW - 530 - September 25 2018

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Oct 7, 2018.

1. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    It’s been softened a lot. Charlie won’t cut herself on contact anymore.

2. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am confused first you say that SIEGE isn't the aesthetic you want, then it sounds like you are saying masterpiece figures are so expensive because they are too close to the aesthetic that SIEGE isn't?

3. onslaught714

onslaught714 Well-Known Member

Well, personally the aesthetic I want is that of the hasui era masterpieces. Which, siege is so close to being, but the cybertronian alt modes and battle damage kinda ruin them for me

• Like Like x 1
  4. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

After listening to this episode, I would totally watch a series where Vangelus talks about how Bumblebee is taking elements from the Bayformers movies and improving them. It hadn't even occurred to me how Bee being half transformed to keep the humans in his cab is a spin on the Bayformers 'vomiting out the humans as they transform' trope until he pointed it out.

EDIT: Re: Shatter and Dropkick switching places in the one trailer- I just rewatched it and in some shots they're on a road, while in others they're just in the middle of the desert, so yeah, looks like footage from 2 different scenes spliced together.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  5. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I follow, I misunderstood the first time I thought it was about the limitations based on the Generations price point, but you'd be fine with Generations figures that were just pure "Hasui" G1 aesthetic. More a mix of toy and cartoon than all cartoon that they are now?

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    For completely selfish reasons, I am salivating for a MP Snapper.