WTF @ TFW - 446 - February 13 2017

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm fine with the race of TFs only being one or two generations old for the same reason that I like a lot of the current comic universe : that's an issue unique to sentient robots. Over the years, TF fiction has tried to tell stories of sentient robots with varying results. For the most part it isn't difficult to tell a story about any kind of character that has feelings, intelligence, and emotion. The trick is finding the conflicts that would be unique to ancient sentient transforming robots. Yeah, a lot of the previous comics had pretty good stories, but a lot of them were good stories that could have featured any character. You could substitute a Marvel or DC character or make up your own character and throw it into the story and it would have been a good story. Concepts like Functionism, the fact that the race only has generations because of wartime production, etc., are the types of issues that would be unique to Transformers. I like the fact that there are some of these anomalies that might seem weird to humans and that we have trouble relating to them, where they might be viewed differently (or even treated as normal) by a race of intelligent robots.