WTF @ TFW - 308 - June 12 2014

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 308 - June 12 2014

[​IMG]

In the week before Botcon it comes down to Vangelus and TJ Omega to discover the gratuitous tragedy of Aaron's true reason for temporarily removing a door from his home.

- Opening
    - Intro
    -Robots In Disguise Reveals
    -New Pic Picks
    -New Designer Desk Videos
    -Listener Question from Gavitron
    -Listener Question from Bioblade
    -Intermission
    -What We Got This Week
    -Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_308_-_June_12_2014.mp3

2. Korito

Korito chicken nugget expert

News Credits:
    i was planning on going to study, but clearly that will have to wait, exams are not that important anyway

3. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

Vangelus, how are you able to sleep with sirens seemingly constantly howling? That would drive me crazy real quick.

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I doubt anyone at Hasbro would lose sleep if the people stealing their IP stopped cold turkey and went out of business as a result.

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They literally only seem to do that when I'm recording anything, haha

6. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    About your thing with buying Drift and Lockdown together, Vangelus. Lockdown was hunting Drift in the Drift miniseries IDW did.

7. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Where'd you find that intermission?

8. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This Pirates VS Knights "thing" is one of our most successful convention sets to date... And we expect the souvenirs to do very well. One year does not change the game.

But either way, Headmaster Scorponok with his Pirate partner Olin Zarak will be one of our hottest exclusives we have produced...

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm sure that this year's set will be in the top 10 for sales for FunPub. Without a doubt.

I just personally feel that leading with the rumored souvenir sets as the celebration of 10 years of FunPub and 20 years of BotCons and 30 years of Transformers over the Pirates versus Knights would have gotten more people that I know excited for the toys.

10. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PSHHHH, Devcon is where its at. Its the first time ever he has gotten a decent toy... well I think its the first time he has gotten a official toy period.

I gotta admit Scorponok is nice though. I kinda wish I could get the set. :) 

11. shiftshock

they know! Your apartment is probably...definitely bugged.

12. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Those jerks! They told him they were taking care of the cockroach problem.

13. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

The thing is that I was actually excited about the prospect of Autobot knights. Of the two "knights" in the box set only one is really knight-like. The other is a bounty-hunter, which isn't a very knightly activity. Not to mention that only one of the Pirates is really pirate-y.

You guys decided to do something unexpected for the 30th anniversary, and I was willing to see what you'd do with it. Instead of delivering on an out there but cool theme you just sort of presented a grab-bag of characters.

14. shiftshock

All lies.

15. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Great turn over Vangelus and anyone else involved in that process.
    Again I appreciate how cutting a few post process things allows for these things to come out faster.

16. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

In addition, having actually started to listen to this podcast I and reading Aaron Archer's post I came to a really weird conclusion...
    In the last few years the only 3rd party items I have purchased in the last few years have been original designs (steelcore and glacialords)
    In part I think this is a hasbro actually producing products that I want. Yes, there is a 3rd party swerve that looks great but there is also a Hasbro swerve that looks pretty decent (and he's not the only one). I realize my interests don't speak for anyone but since Hasbro has had such focus recently on characters from the ongoing comic I'm more interested in seeing new, creative designs from other companies interested in designing transforming toys.

On the topic of selling things- if you do want to more or less donate your toys and want to get more value for them then lets say goodwill (which like Vangelus says you don't know where it's going) try selling a bunch off as a lot with the heads up that all proceeds will go to a good charity (I do toys for tots). It helps move items quickly as people seem to really like the charity aspect and are willing to pay more knowing that their money is going to a good place. I've had a lot of success with that.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Haha! Eye options. Anyone who gets SD Gundam BB Senshi kits knows about dumb eyeball options. 90% of kits have two eye options. Regular, and looking to the right.

18. NagatoBlizzard

NagatoBlizzard Active Member

Hey Aaron, not sure what's up with your Strafe's wrists but mine are able to get a full 90 degrees downward. With the sword sticking straight out it ~kind of~ makes the gorilla arms a moot point.

Also, DYK you can plug his swords into the crossbow to make a greatbow-like weapon? It's not mentioned in the instructions, and none of the video reviews I've seen have brought it up, so I'm not actually sure how well known it is. I've actually managed a couple of half-decent "archer" poses.

Anyway, I definitely agree with you and everyone else that he's a "C" grade toy, but I just wanted to bring up a couple of features I found that I thought ~maybe~ raises him to a C+.

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Hey Vangelus, when you guys are talking about tweets and such could you read them for the audience? I gathered the gist of the 3rd party conversation but was unfamiliar with the specifics. :) 

Now on the subject of original 3rd party things, I agree with you guys. I would be at least tempted by original figures as long as they're cool. The problem with the stuff Fans Project has put out thus far is that, to me, they included ideas that I'm not into. I dislike master gimmicks and dislike G1 toys. Now if they did "Classics" Megazero without the headmaster thingy then I'd be tempted.

I buy what I think is cool and that can include original 3rd party figures.

Fun podcast guys. :) 

20. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Mortal Kombat 8 = Mortal Kombat Versus DC Universe

Just wanted to point that out.