WTF @ TFW - 207 - July 5 2012

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I know you guys are all jazzed on expensive japanese human figures, but what I'd love to see if GIJoe and Marvel universe 3&3/4 figures of the humans from Transformers... Spike, Daniel, Sparkplug, Carly, Marissa Fairborne, T-AI, Circuit Breaker, Old Snake (i know he's Cobra Commander, but i want him as Old Snake), Dr. Arkeville, and i'm sure there're more that i'm missing... but i'd buy all of those...

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I would be down for that, except the overall quality of Hasbro's 3 3/4 figures have been shit IMO. I'd rather get a handful of good expensive ones than an entire line of half assed, squishy-jointed, ugly faced, can't hold weapons in their own hands cheaper ones.

The POC Joe stuff was good, but Hasbro refuses to add articulation in their own line that nearly every other franchise they make in that size class has, and even then it's hit or miss with who gets it.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    I've not really collected GIJoe or Marvel figures in awhile, but i've heard you guys discuss them. Even though they don't seem to be the best, I'd still pick up 10 GIJoe or Marvel figures before I ever picked up a 100 buck figure. Just can't wrap my mind around that price, and since they'd ultimately be just something simple and fun, and not a necessity, I'd not care about some of the flaws. Either way, it's probably a mute point, and highly more likely that Japan will make something before Hasbro does. Maybe if we're lucky, both will happen, then we can both get the figures in a style that we'd prefer.

4. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong. I know Vangelus and GogDog do a lot of work editing the podcast. I just would like it if there were more pics in it, especially in the New Pics Picks and What We Got This Week sections. I usually listen to my podcasts on my laptop while playing video games. And once in a while I glance over, usually during loading screens or something, to see what's being discussed on the podcast. With Rooster Teeth it might pictures of Scarlet Johansson's butt and with WTF@TFW it might be the new Masterpiece Wheelie. It's just quicker and more convenient to look over and see it in iTunes rather than having to pause the game, open up Firefox, click on TFW, scan through the pages of news, find the article, etc. Maybe I'm alone in this. Just trying to give some constructive criticism to help make the podcast a little bit better. And it's great that WTF@TFW has chapter points. That's something RT doesn't have. Although it wouldn't really work for them since their podcast isn't structured at all. It just a free flowing conversation with a bunch of guy(and occasionally girl) talking about crazy/awesome stuff.

I agree. Those should be 2 of the first WTF@TFW Animated Adventures.

5. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    A shame about Acoustic Wave. But I can see them maybe retooling the design, and releasing Blaster first?

6. GogDog

News Credits:

Hmmm. I'll talk to Chris about it. Making a new pic also creates a new chapter as far as I know. But I'll see if it's something worth implementing. Thanks for the feedback.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Hey! I figured out how to see the images! I feel like such a ****** now!

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The short answer is:

Sometimes I put in multiple pics, but usually the extra work doesn't feel worth the end result for a weekly show. And I don't know how to add them in without making every one a new chapter marking. :( 

9. sigmaprime

sigmaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any chance will get some suplemental podcasts from sdcc? you know you want to

10. GogDog

News Credits:
    No reason to. 208 is recording tonight and none of us were there.

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind if each one was a new chapter, that'd actually make it easier on listeners who listen on multiple devices. I tend to listen to part on my phone, while driving to work, then at work switch to my computer when i have time, then back to my phone on the way home. Usually I just fast forward and skip around to figure out where i was, but chapter markers would make that a bit easier. That said, it might be way more effort than it's really worth.

12. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? All the Targets in my area are out! I called them all and apparently of the three two never got him, and the third had him, but put him on clearance shortly after they got him and he was gone. :(  Maybe PA just got unlucky! :lol 
    I also never found Human Alliance Roadbuster... :lol 

13. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hot damn, fresh off the grill opinion.

14. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Now there's even less of a reason since it didn't after all!

Poor Secretcode.

Wait, what am I saying, fuck that guy.

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Well, if nothing else there should be some sweet New Pic Picks discussion on 208...

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is the weirdest damn thing.
    I don't know how Rooster Teeth do it but there shows have pics without markers, as you listen the pics just change (I wish there where markers).

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    So speaking of science...

Thanks Vangelus for passing on the info about the Higgs Boson particle. I had been out of town for a week without access to any news. So you bringing it up was the first I had heard of it. I immediately flipped out and went searching for more information.

So yeah, thanks for bringing it up. :D 

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, they are super weird, but they're awesome... one of my friends got my wife Hepatitis C for her birthday...

19. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It was amusing hearing Seth call himself out on his 3rd party hypocrisy. Still haven't made it half way through, but was throwing it out there.

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Now I'm interested as to what Gog's project for Airachnid is.

Come TFCon, he may have a baggy of mangled pieces, or something incredible...