WTF @ TFW - 195 - April 12 2012

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh custom class. that will probably take the cake, although the rodimus mold has SG rodimus and the japan exclusive wildrider, and the TFCC free fig. I would also like to throw the Inferno mold in there as it now has Henkei, Universe, generations, botcon and now the million publishing Artfire.

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Strange that you felt compelled to respond to this.

3. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Now that I think about it, Voyager Prime might be up there too thanks to the insane aftermarket prices, as well as the various Lucky Draws.

4. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    d'oh, forgot about Lucky draws. Voyager prime wins then as there's gold and crayola versions, with the crayola version being one of the rarest lucky draws ever (if I remember correctly)

5. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I just wanna say, I actually want to see this vision of Kiss Players you're describing: just a total satirical deconstruction of the core concept. Show the same stuff, but swap the genders and defetishize everything. Personally, I would find it hilarious.

6. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Re: AA UK comic. If anything, the official comic would have been a ton of publicity for the hasbro/comic. Getting people hooked with a free issue they may have not been interested in buying is only good. Doesn't make any sense.

He is known as "FUCKING FORDO DAMMIT" on toyark. Get two of him. He's shipping again soon.

Malgus is hip-ball-less. New Vader looks pretty nice. Wish I could find a Bastila when she was out. She kept up the "I can't find KOTOR toys" tradition.

Great episode overall.

7. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Just finished the Kiss play part....needless to say i myself almost puked from laughing too much :lol 

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    indeed he is FUCKING FORDO! i was just not going to use the name in this thread :lol 

9. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also a very good recommendation. And like T16skyhop said, he's coming back out this year.

10. tubbsii

tubbsii KILL ALL HUMANS

arcee vomiting out a naked boy. bulkhead has stick his finger down his throat to get miko out.

11. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    Not at all.. When it was brought up more than one time during a podcast, one that is front paged on a website, just wanted to make sure it was known that we had nothing to do with it since their was some conjecture to the contrary by the hosts.

We do not get involved with other licensees projects...

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I believe you Pete. Simon is on the level, he said the word came down from Hasbro themselves. I seriously doubt you guys even knew anything about it before the announcement that it was not happening, just like the rest of us.

It's another one of those sad things really, we don't get that comic, we get an awesome fan-made production instead. I'd say it's a way of bringing a win out of a loss.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, fan-made is often every but as good as official product, and sometimes worlds better! I look forward to the finished product and I'd love to hit AA proper in the future :) 

14. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Ok Vangelus, you keep talking about Glyos, and it sounds pretty interesting, so where do I go to buy this stuff?

15. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    I never wanted to know why Kiss Players are weird, but thats no longer possible....:yuck  <This was a bad choice of emoticon.......

Thanks for the mental scaring Vangelus

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  16. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great episode as usual, had me laughing at the Kiss Players bits and finally pushed me over the edge on the Mass Effect art book.
    (Though you did remind me my victory pack free character was a Batarian sentinel, not a Geth infiltrator or Krogan vanguard like I was hoping. :redface2: )

Have a website:
    Glyos Transmission Web Log
    And a thread:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/326539-onell-designs-glyos-figures.html

Vangelus' ramblings are what got me to look into Glyos, and now I'm hooked. If you want a recommendation try a buildman, a phase arm set and an axis joint set, it'd only run you about $15 shipped (depending on where you live?). If any of the painted stuff catches your eye though jump on it.

17. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    I agree with Vangelus:
    Someone should ask Derrick J Wyatt about Animated Autotrooper regurgitation at his panel at BotCon.

18. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

19. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I think it'd be a smart idea for third party manufacturers to focus only on doing Kiss Play homages. Because in order for Hasbro to confront them about it, they'd first have to acknowledge that Kiss Play exists.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I've heard about Kiss Play before ... never was interested ... and now I am sooo disinterested in it it's amazing :lol  Absolutely hilarious segment.