WTF @ TFW - 183 - January 20 2012

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 183 - January 20 2012

[​IMG]

Vangelus, Gogdog, and Seth Buzzard are joined by the GDPM to discuss more Transformers, the final Botcon toy reveals, an expensive lady robot, and a SECRET INVASION BY A FAN FAVOURITE.

00:00:00 - Opening
    00:00:44 - Intro
    00:04:00 - Nick Roche Gigatron Art
    00:16:35 - Botcon Metalhawk and Overall Set Impressions
    01:07:46 - New Pic Picks
    01:31:27 - I THOUGHT YOU WERE A PROFESSIONAL
    01:35:57 - What Were We Talking About Again...?
    01:46:38 - Robotkingdom and Argos Prime Reveals
    02:05:34 - Listener Question from GWolfv2
    02:13:44 - Listener Question from MovieGodOptimus
    02:36:33 - Intermission
    02:37:14 - What We Got This Week
    02:57:47 - What Ridiculous Nonsense We Got This Week
    03:26:01 - Ending and Outro

Want to leave an audio listener question outside of Youtube or Private Messages? Call our WTF Hotline! These questions may be answered in recordings outside of numbered episodes, but feel free to mention your preference if it really matters to you.

That number is...
    (318) 775-9830 or (318) 775-WTF0

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_183_-_Jan_20_2012.mp3

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to take a second to pass some massive (and still ongoing!) thanks to Gogdog.

Ever since last fall, I had a big change in what I do and where I am. Really loving it, but it has meant a lot less time to devote to stuff like videos and podcasts.

Starting with episode 167, Gog has been doing all the editing on the odd-numbered episodes (and it seems a lot of folks didn't notice~). All I've been doing on the odd episodes from 167-onwards is writing the thread OPs and uploading the files. I really appreciate his help, and didn't want to say anything until he was okay with me bringing it up. But thanks to him, the workload end of the podcast has been cut in half for me for the foreseeable future.

So <3 Gogdog! You have saved me from podcast burnout and more. Work those god damn bell peppers like a champion.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I was just starting to wonder when this would get posted.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

How long before we have to fear a brutal podcast takeover by Gog?

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    first, Gogdog, you are awesome, always will say that :lol  even if that bastard has got me hooked on Gunbuster and now Persona (just bought persona 3 for ps2 this past week and loving every minute of it) :lol  I look forward to meeting him at Botcon this year

Second, why do I have to go to work so early tomarrow, I want to listen now!

Third, I THOUGHT YOU WERE A PROFESSIONAL. (yes, I read it in the voice, the podcast is taking over my brain seriously :lol  )

6. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I was just wondering earlier when the next one would be up... Cant wait to listen! Thank you Gog for all your work!

7. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    The Jacob cameo was hilarious.

8. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh sweet Protoman co-host! :O

9. arlocon

arlocon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think with Botcon's reveal timeline this year and the fact that they stand by their products might be a result of them having it in hand. They have known for a while what these figures will look like, and have seen them grow into a physical form through development, that by the time they have it in hand and have a while to look them over, they are biased and have already fallen in love with the concept regardless of execution. Remember, you never think your child is ugly or looks weird.....or at least ADMIT it. To each their own though. Still excited to have some fun regardless of exclusives are intentions. Good or bad.

10. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    SCANTY AND KNEESOCKS!!!

This has just become one of my favorite episodes and I haven't even downloaded it yet!!

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Sorry if this was asked in a previous thread, but do you guys have any plans for doing a Bookclub now that IDW has all of their issue#1s out?

I feel weird asking this since I never really listened to them, but now that I can get the comics digitally, and they're good, I'm not painfully behind on them.

12. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm impressed by how well Vangelus has brainwashed his roommate to say the right things!

(PS - RE: pronouncing ARGOS - should sound like moss)

pps - Welsh people don't talk with an irish accent... :rolleyes2 

13. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that's awesome of Gog to do the editing on all the odd episodes.

14. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Regarding Prime Blueblebee: Unless he's a new character in the show itself, which I doubt, I'm totally going to use him as a Prime-universe Nightbeat.

15. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Took me a while to realize what GDPM stood for in the description. Looking forward to another good episode.

16. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Then I guess it's a good thing Mikey is really Irish.

17. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Coolnesses.

18. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Holy hell, that second set of Listener Questions was a bit much. Good on Protoman for completely dismembering the fighting game question.

Could someone post the entirety of the second question in text form?

19. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean to tell me you finally accepted help with the podcast? Lucifer must have cold balls, because hell has apparently frozen over.

20. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

I agree with Gog about the idea of revealing a toy (Metalhawk) "after" the registration goes out is in bad taste... People should have the chance to see everything before investing that kind of money.

But as far as the rants about the head itself on Metalhawk and the lack of cheekbones that Vangelus is going off on, and the fact that the head doesn't really match the sketches we got earlier... I agree with you both. The head sculpt doesn't really match the sketches and it is in need of cheekbones or at least a gap between the face and the helmet... HOWEVER... (as a working artist and sculptor...) The one thing I didn't hear mentioned (I may have just missed it) is the fact that perhaps the sculptor was just not very good at his job!!! Taking anything from a 2D drawing and translating it into a 3D object is a serious pain in the butt. Maybe a better sculptor could've pulled off that sketch a WHOLE lot better to really give us that awesome look that we saw in the sketch. Maybe this is the best they could get with the guy hired to do the job. Maybe he just sucks at human faces. Not to mention the head is very small, which just adds to the pain of sculpting it, plus having to make it "fit" into that chest box. And as for the gap between the helmet and the face... I will at least say this much in their defense... On a production run of a flat single molded piece of plastic, there is no way they could put in opposite angled deep indentations and still be able to pull the piece out of the mold once it was cast. They would have to mold the face and then the helmet separately and then glue them together, driving the costs way up. So I can at least understand why the face fills in to the side of the helmet. But they could've designed the sculpt better so as to not have that issue. Perhaps bring the side pieces farther in and closer to the mouth, so when cut straight in the face doesn't appear fat, just more covered by a helmet.

I'm also going to at least wait and see how that face looks straight on and from the side. I'm hoping this angle just really doesn't do it any justice. (Here's to wishful thinking)

On to the rest of the podcast. I'm loving it as always!!!