WTF @ TFW - 122 - November 18 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I didn't know that the word,
    Spastic
    had a different meaning in the UK and other countries. And that Aaron shown amazing knowledge about warplanes that was incredible.

I think about the waves we're getting is crazy fun like Vangelus stated, but one thing is for sure. You better save up.

2. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Sorry , but after seeing the figure, I will not be attaining the Rockman kit. I'll stick with trying to get the game. HAAAAAA!

3. Reigner

Reigner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aaron, buy Rockman

4. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

the Rockman kit is amazing! I cannot wait for Roll and Blues to be released.

Great episode guys! Didn't make me burst into insane laughter, in the middle of work, making all my co-workers think I am a nutcase, like I did for episode 121. However this episode was informative, as well as awesome.

5. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

I COMPLETELY loved listening to Aaron go off on the P-38. Oh dear god it's nice to know that there is another person out there such as myself who is a walking encyclopedia of aviation knowledge. EAT... BREATH ... and SLEEP it!!!! As a complete airplane NUTJOB myself... I found it rather entertaining.

If ever you want to "talk" airplanes Aaron, look me up!!! You are not alone in this universe. LOL!!!

JBStuka on deviantART

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sorry I don't have exploding pants love for the Lockdown mold. There are just too many titchy bits for me to get excited over. From appearances I got a bad Terradive as far as tolerances go. And I do enjoy Mega Man very much... Just read the following quote.

No. Not unless someone is going to fund it for me. Christmas time means thin wallet, plus with soooooo much new TF product hitting I don't need a new line.

7. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    For some reason, my inner 13 year old find when the censored word sound y'all use hilarious to no end. Obviously, this episode made me lol.

8. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Regarding the whole mail to Japan thing...
    It took me a while to realize I had nothing to worry about too!

9. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Middleman services - the only one I've 100% confirmed afflicted is Yokatta - have since found to be affected, but in the same way HLJ loudly proclaimed here and elsewhere that they were okay, so was apparently the other online stores out there.

It means importing certain items like, as Vangelus or TJ would know, the Metal Shaft won't be possible any time soon (unless it's an online store). Anything smaller that fits under the one-pound limit is good to go no matter what, like individual Figuarts. Once the middleman services and others are cleared by Japan Post (as Yokatta said they would in January), everything will be business as usual.

10. Slayershoop

Slayershoop Pitter Patter

Ebay:
    Hate to do this, but I know the P-38 like the back of my hand. While Highbrow does share similarities, HB more closely resembles the unproduced Russian GROKHOVSKY G-38
    [​IMG]

The main difference being the engines protrude past the main fuselage on the G-38, same as on HB, and the cockpit is behind the main wing assembly, also on HB.

That being said, the cockpit itself is much closer to the P-38, and so are the engine assemblies.

Anyway, not to trump Aaron or anything, just kinda my thing...

11. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Wow, this really has a lot of news I missed.

Listening to you guys talk about the Cyclonus sheet made me want to look at it again. Sucks that it got taken down.

EDIT: Listener Question #2: Universe Hound to Ironfist(With New Head). Now.

12. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    - I can't imagine all those Bandai properties in SRW getting along with Takara-Tomy stuff.

- The whole S**tic thing in the podcast needs an unplugged version.

- I would not call Universe 1.0 Spychanger Ironhide a Trailbreaker homage.... specially with the other choices of colors outside of the black...... besides, it's not like it was the last black Ironhide either =P

- In Japan he was called Sprang. In episode the VHS store special "Primevil Call" (What we got as G1 Season 3's Call of the Primatives), they did a one time thing and Rodimus Convoy called him Sprung.

- I was hoping Deep Dive would be a hardcore Gobots homage to Dive Dive..... dah well. Close enough.

- Aaron get Rockman Blues! Forget Rockman (even if I got that one too)

- Your not missing much Vangelus when it comes to the 3inch Marvel Universe line. Just stick with "big body" molds (Like Thanos for example) and you will be happy (If you missed Thing)

Listener Question 1
    I think 50% of it is saving money, 50% of it is to please the fans....... I would like to think that.

Listener Question 2
    - Really? To want more!? Geez..... I dunno....... Universe 2.0 Ironhide into Emirate Xaaron........ new head........make it happen.

- Playing off of Omegus have a Swindle (They have the license) and Steeljaw from Ravage (They RECENTLY have the license)

Listener Question 3
    - We need more Beast Wars Megatron, more love for the best of the best......... then they can do a Cryotek repaint after.... just thinking ahead for Hasbro/Takara

13. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    Ditto

I have always loved WWII vehicles, so I was interested in Highbrow since I first saw him, but Aaron just turned him into a must have!

Edit: If only we had a sweet P-51 Mustang in the works, then I would be so happy.

14. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    Guess I'm the odd man out.
    I LOVE the WWII planes, and fully intend to buy lugnut, but I cannot see myself buying highbrow, for the ridiculous position of the cockpit :p 

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I want to get a hold of one or three and try my hand at some custom work, I HATE the bot mode colors and would like to extend the wings some and some other touchup work.. time will tell if any even appear in our town though.

16. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also want Mindset!

17. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately the thigh swivels on Marvel Universe only started in the second year. I agree they are needed but I'm surprised you only find th line ok Vangelus, I consider them one of the best lines in that scale. Also, the Carnage figure will be in the Spider-Man line, so articulation will be poor but detail is up in the air.

I also need Highbrow more than ever, almost payed $37 for him yesterday at Epcot(right after I saw Martin Short talk about Canada :p )

18. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    While the G-38 looks interesting, the Lightning is the design touchstone. A couple of Hasbro Designers commented about it at the Preview panel at BotCon this year.

If we want to discount that and just pick looks apart... The Grokhovsky has an inter-nacelle wing where the Lightning doesn't. The wing has a lot more delta to it than a Lightning's wing does. The tail on Highbrow lines up more with a Lightning than the Grokhovsky. In addition the riveting on Highbrow indicated a metal skin metal frame construction, as the Lightning has, where the Grokhovsky was of wood/plywood construction.

19. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Looking forward to a TF:p rime supplemental?

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

ohhh, indeed.. stinks we gotta wait till Wed to see part 3 :crazy: 

hrm me thinks someones going to have to rework that smiley code lol