WTF @ TFW - 110 - August 26 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

I'll agree wholeheartedly, however most don't realize this until they've actually traveled. But to each his own I suppose.

2. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I live in Kansas and I do not have a passport. You know how far I have to drive just to even see the horizon of another country? That's a ton of driving right there.

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    ^ I would love to see other places outside of Nebraska, but I have this unnatural fear of heights and flying in a plane will drive me insane. Evening though its the safest way to travel.

4. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people just don't feel the need to leave their country, Some peoples Mental Health is at a level where they don't need to travel and can be at peace with themselves at home.

But i see your point, Depends on the person.

5. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I don't have a passport but I am a frequent traveler within the US. I'm from Texas and I am seriously considering going to TfCon. I'll just have to get a passport and see how much flights+a hotel room would cost.

The whole passport thing has never been a problem for me. I go to places like New York, Nevada, and California all the time, but I currently have no need to travel outside this country.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Some people don't have passports because they can't afford it. It costs a lot to fly out of country, or fly period for that matter. Can you understand that?

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I <3 that Vangelus mentioned TM2 Scourge, he was my first TF ever. He has had a brief role in fiction though, he appeared in the IDW Beast Wars comics but only for a line or 2.

8. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I'm from Illinois and I still live there, I have a passport, though the only out of country flights I've been on are to Puerto Rico

For the no toys characters I'd like to see the little piano robot or Rocky the Doorman

9. Sanny632

Sanny632 D-Bagacon

Ebay:
    Aaron Do you live in Indiana?

I thought i heard you mention East Chicago? i live in Northwest Indiana just wondering

10. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    @Vangelus

After hearing you talk about Apocalyptica I decided to go and find some songs from them... they are amazing!!! I never knew a cello could be played like they do it. So far out of the ones I've heard; Path, from their album "Cult" is my favorite.

Are there ones you can suggest that have the same style as Path? I like the driving nature and the melody.

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I live in Lafayette, but my company had a job up in East Chicago mapping the roads to replace Cline Avenue.

12. MC.Paddington1

MC.Paddington1 Well-Known Member

Yeah but there have been years where I haven't left the country and I still use my passport to get outa slips where I need to show some indentity, 'cos it's very easy to carry around. Also, I like to have the liberty to leave when I want to instead of paying a few hundred bucks and then waiting a few months for a passport to get here.

13. MC.Paddington1

MC.Paddington1 Well-Known Member

Yeah but isn't it nice to know, when you see a cheap flight online, that you can actually get on that plane? I flew to Barcelona for 1 cent and I got back for 1 cent using my Electro Visa (no taxes) and used hand luggage so I didn't have to pay for a bag either. That's 2 cents to visit another country. I stayed with a friend so no money into staying there and a friend of mine was going to the airport the same day so no fuel costs. Also a passport is very nifty to carry around for photo ID.

14. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Listener Question answered! W00t!

What you guys brought up for my first question would be the biggest obstacle for the idea. But I think a good way to do it would be to build up to it. Do it something small, like the comics or even a toy bio first, then allude to it in other media, before finally going balls-out (or would that be ovaries-out?) with a female flagship character in the main line.

And I'm also surprised Vangelus never onced used his favorite word "masochist" when talking about the topic.

I also think that is you're going to do the epic space-opera for the movies at all, you might as well start there. If it's well done, people will see it and like it. Just look at Star Trek last year. Or hell, go back further, Star Wars in 1977. Those types of stories have mass appeal if they're well done. Just as any type of movie. Would anyone have expected Iron Man to be as successful as it was? No. And it wasn't because it was made with the bottom-line in mind, it was because it was a damn good movie.

Personally, I would open the first movie on Cybertron. Set the stage for why the Transformers come to Earth in a scene that resembles a blend between Terminator 2 and Saving Private Ryan. From there, it would be a hybrid of the first movie as we know it with the G1 opener "More Than Meets the Eye" (which would be the subtitle for the film). The film would end with the Decepticons defeated but still ready to fight another day.

The second film (subtitled The Ultimate Doom) would contain Megatron enacting a master plan of some sort, most likely involving combiners or some such new technology. In the end, the Autobots would win, but suffer immense damages, including Optimus Prime being incapacitated and unable to fight or be a feild commander. The Deceptions are becoming more hostile among thier own ranks, and in the confusion, one lone Con, Mindwipe, takes his chance to summon his true leader, the Fallen, from the anals of history (GET OUT OF MY HEAD VANGELUS!!!!).

The third film (All The King's Men) would be where shit gets really crazy. The Fallen has come back and begins his own plan to conquer the Earth and eventually, Cybertron. Megatron obivously objects, stating that he is the one true leader of the Decepticons and the Fallen is just some old relic from the past. The Fallen proceeds to kick Megatron's ass and takes command over the Decpticons. From here, we learn his plan is to use a virtually unstoppable army of re-animated Transformer corpses to overrun the planet, saving only a select few (himself, the Holy Trinity, and one of Megatron's troops that he has hand picked). Yes, that's right. In case you didn't get that: The Fallen's plan is to unleash the Transformer equivalent of a zombie apocalypse. See why I saved this plot for last? The only way for the Autobots to stop it is to use the Matrix, but since Prime is out of commission, his troops are left to use a trial and error process to get the Matrix to choose one of them in order to light this darkest hour. In the end, it turns out to be someone we wouldn't expect.

All three films would be primarily character driven, with the excpetion of the third one, which would incorporate a lot more mythology but hopefully still pay off on all the character stuff. There would be an expontentially increasing focus on the robots as the films progress and a cebtral theme for each one based around what time of year it takes place. More Than Meets the Eye would take place during the Fourth of July; The Ultimate Doom, Halloween; and All The King's Men, Christmas.

The style would be pretty much like the revamped IDW asthtetic seen in the early issues of the ongoing.

As you can probalby tell, I've thought about this a lot.

Great episode, guys, and thanks for answering my questions.

15. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    I was born in Nebraska and grew up in Northwest Kansas, but I do have a passport. Unfortunately, I've only had the oportunity to visit two other countries, Canada and Jamaica. I've visited 36 states and I used to go to Canada every summer when we lived within driving distance in Pittsburgh.

So, what have I learned from my travels? That I'm never going to live in Kansas or Nebraska again! :D 

Seriously, though, if you can, get out and travel. I feel I am a better person for exposing myself to so many different people and different cultures around this country and my limited time abroad. I'm making sure my daughter gets those experiences early in her life, and learns those lessons early.

Now, back to the podcast...great episode again, guys. I'm also enjoying these longer episodes, too. I drive 1 hour and 15 minutes to work everyday, so 2.5 hours is just right to listen to both ways!

16. Sanny632

Sanny632 D-Bagacon

Ebay:
    cool love the podcasts

17. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Character from cartoon/comic that hasn't been made into a toy yet you'd most like to see? Xaaron!!!!!

And while she's not a Prime, you could make the argument that Sari was the main character of TFA, and she's half-Cybertronian. So maybe the best way to have a female lead, is to stick with a human.

I believe it's good to travel too. Recently renewed my passport. I been to over 30 states, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Litchenstein, Austria, and I've lived in China. Planning to go to Italy next year and Canada again (for TF Con, possibly by train).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    What does Protoman mean by Deathcobra "almost happened"? He looks like he happened to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. CorporateZombie

CorporateZombie Great Odin's Raven

I was born in Puerto Rico and currently live in the states. Passports are given in my family but that's because we have family in South America as well.

20. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits: