WTF Primetime - 25 - Orion Pax Pt 3 - March 6 2012

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF Primetime - 25 - Orion Pax Pt 3 - March 6 2012

[​IMG]

The second season premiere has ended, and aside from rhinoceros beetle fanservice, what did it bring to Vangelus, GogDog, and Aaron?

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_Primetime_-_25_-_Orion_Pax_Pt_3_-_March_6_2012.mp3

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Yes, new Primetime. Downloading it right now.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I love you.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Before I listen....let's just say PRID Wheeljack was by far the most exciting thing about Prime for me the day the episode aired. *Sigh* So much potential....

5. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

downloading~~~

6. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    Sweet! let the downloading begin!

7. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Wootness. I'm surprised you didn't mention...

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'm surprised you guys didn't mention the cool sense of scale with Megatron holding Arcee. I'm also surprised you guys didn't mention that Bulkhead calls Megatron "Buckethead".

Trolololololololololololololololololololololololololol

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    ONION PACKS!

Guys, Onion Packs.

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

[​IMG]

11. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you guys didn't mention Bumblebee and his utter non-existence to the point where it's not at all surprising no one remembered him. Also, it was rather cool that Prime caught Megatron's blade in the same way that Megs caught Prime's blade in One Shall Rise Pt1.

Incidentally, I for one, totally love the regular Prime Prime. I think maybe the Unicron Trilogy soured people on a "wise supreme commander" character type for Prime, but I don't find Optimus Prime boring at all. He might not be riddled with angst, but ya gotta have all sorts of characters to keep a show going. And besides, it's not like he was Superman for the entirety of season 1, most of the time he took a complete back seat. I think Speed Metal was the one super egregious time he came out of nowhere and resolved everything, and that's the one that sticks in people's minds.

In any case, the contrast between him and Orion Pax is really quite interesting. It seems to me that the big differences are that Optimus is far more battled hardened and detached than Orion. I kept thinking about the One Shall Fall scene where Optimus told the Vehicons to step aside and they will be spared, vs the scene here where Orion tried to appeal to the Vehicons and got beat up for his trouble. You get the impression that had it been Optimus, he wouldn't have gotten sucker punched.

In any case, a cool podcast as per usual. The thing I enjoy most is that you guys actually enjoy the show, rather than needlessly hate on it.

12. tubbsii

tubbsii KILL ALL HUMANS

my theory is that vector sigma's chamber is an old gladiator pit.

13. godotislate

godotislate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was surprised how much the Insecticon's head looked like DJW's sketch of Animated Kickback.

14. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

For some reason, Optimus Prime doesn't seem that invincible to me. Maybe it's because of the time that three measly vehicons kicked his ass with tree stump, or all the trouble guys like Skyquake, Knockout, and Breakdown give him, or maybe it's the fact that Megatron usually more than holds his own whenever they tangle, but I never feel like a Prime victory is a foregone conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, he still comes across like a badass, but he's taken his share of beatings over the course of the series.

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I had to use Darkprime's encode to watch this episode due to a cable outage, and I have to say that I see now why Vangelus rips on the SD version all of the time.
    Trust me, it looks a lot better than that when actually watching it on the hub.
    I can normally make out all of the small details and what not you guys talk about just fine.

Although, I don't have the Blu-rays(they've shipped!), so I don't exactly know how much of a difference HD makes.

Oh yeah, don't know if you guys just haven't been paying attention or what, but both in the books and in FOC the insecticons are Shockwave's experiments. I would assume that the same would be true for Prime.

16. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

The textures are freaking amazing.

17. Alphearion

Alphearion Doctor Spaceman

I maybe REALLY wanted Vector Sigma to turn into a robot (maybe that looked like Vector Prime from Unicron Trilogy)... and then hand the filled key to Jack personally, then return to his super computer form. I just thought that would have been really cool...

18. tubbsii

tubbsii KILL ALL HUMANS

can i say it seems primetime season 2 hasn't felt the same as last season. This one felt wasn't a fun to listen to.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

For all the times that I tend to roll my eyes that those who bitch and moan about Optimus being boring, I do have to agree on the whole thing of the hard reset from Orion feels like a rather lack luster way to end the three parter.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers probably thought that if they didn't restore Optimus, that fans would be angry. I mean really, when did any of us honestly think we'd see the day that TF fans get all agro over Optimus being Optimus?
    And I do kinda get it. Some fans are just burnt out on character. But it's still kind of funny to me that we've reached a point that fans are sick of Optimus Prime being Optimus Prime.

Yeah, I've never really gotten where people are coming from with the whole Prime Optimus is Superman, thing.
    I can kinda get some of the criticism of the fact that he seems to always come out ahead and saves the day in the end. But then what tv show of this type doesn't useually end with the hero wining?

20. Keroshino

Keroshino Lovable Clod!

News Credits:
    Ohhh!...I get it!