WTF Primetime - 23 - Orion Pax Pt 1 - February 20 2012

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF Primetime - 23 - Orion Pax Pt 1 - February 20 2012

[​IMG]

Season 2 has begun, and Primetime has returned. Vangelus is joined by GogDog and Aaron to discuss the first third of "Orion Pax". Will they remember how to Primetime?

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_Primetime_-_23_-_Orion_Pax_Pt_1_-_Feb_20_2012.mp3

2. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad you got this out before Saturday, excited to hear what you duders thought.

3. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    Sweet! :thumb 

Man it seems like forever since the last Primetime, so much so I've been filling the gap with the Animated Supplementals! :D 

4. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I squeed a bit when I saw when I logged on. I've been missing Primetime :lol .

5. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Yay, been waiting for this.

6. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

The thing I loved about Starscream in this episode is why he's back. At first I thought he had some master plan, like he was back to steal some plans or something. Especially considering his final speech in season 1 where he talked about being a badass aligned to no one. But then boom, he's just back for the energon.

In other words, he ran away from home, but now has to sneak back to steal food. I loved this.

7. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

A bio signature does not only qualify DNA...plus an entire episode of Jack trying to wear June down wold have probably thrown off episode timing... Plus it would have been strange for any mother to just say "ok" after 5 minutes of nagging t let her only child go to an alien planet facing a high probability of danger and/or death..but hey..pseudo science and kid show and what not..didn't hurt anything

Also...the doctor of doom reference was actually used by Ratchet himself in that episode "faster stronger" i think...and its most likely that Megatron used Ratchet because it seems that both Pax and Megatron knew him pre-war...
    Remember he was the only one that knew the story of Orion pax becoming Prime, and the relationship between Megs and OP pre-war. Also, pax remembers ratchet, and finds it hard to believe that he would have destroyed cybertron initally...while in contrast..he doesnt remember the other autbots...

So using Ratchet as the antagonist for Pax makes more sense, because it was the only Autobot Pax would know..plus..I wouldnt doubt Megatron doesnt even know the names of any of the other autobots...

8. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    It didn't matter if June said ok or not. She didn't say ok when jack said he was staying with the autobots. He should have said "I'm going mom. Sorry." No one wanted an entire episode of arguing with June. The bio-signature was dumb.

9. tubbsii

tubbsii KILL ALL HUMANS

yeah primetime season 2 has begun!!!! and i am suprised you forgot ciara and arcee accidental cockblocking..

10. Alphearion

Alphearion Doctor Spaceman

I have a theory about the Vehicons/Irradicons*. They ARE living things. They used to have their own personalities, but SOUNDWAVE decided to experiment on some extra troops during the war. Soundwave turned them into drones, and he controls them. The Vehicons/Irradicons* still have thoughts of their own, but they have no way to present the thoughts because Soundwave has absolute control of all of them. He can see through their eyes, but he obviously can't see through all of their eyes at once. Oh and laserbeak was an early prototype of the technology, just without the personality/prior life aspect of the character. And I will probably be proven VERY wrong next episode.

*Eradicon. Thanks Chosen

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  11. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I know you're just going by pronunciation, Alphearion, but it's "Eradicon", like the word eradicate, not irradiate. Although, nuclear or radioactive TFs... that would be fun.

Thrilled to have Primetime return, looking forward to going through the rest of the series as you guys are.

12. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Good to hear these again! I just got into your podcasts recently :)  top notch stuff!!!

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, this is probably one of the aspects that I'm looking forward to learning about the most in TF Prime. :) 

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The listener question portion, I was almost screaming at my own headphones "Guys! You forgot about Hot Shot!" Then again, he might easily prove to be another Oil Slick and we simply haven't seen him in action yet. Other than him and Ironhide, we have nothing but uses of new molds or character redecos, but at least there's some chance of more of these in the future.

15. Alphearion

Alphearion Doctor Spaceman

Yeah I was too! I was like "DON'T FORGET THE FLAMES!"

16. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Sweet! Listening now.

...so what happened to Omegus?

17. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bears. Probably.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Eyup. Bears.

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Probably had a heart attack over the thought of reviewing whoever #1 worst is for Plastic Addict. Or he's playing with Hercules.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I thought the bio-signature was really odd when it first came up. I think my reaction was: "Oh, well isn't that convenient." But after everything was said and done, I honestly prefer that, over Jack going; "just because."
    I know some of you see it as something that could have just been a hero moment for Jack, but I just honestly wouldn't have been able to buy that. I don't care the reason, I really don't see any justification in Jack going into space to Cybertron just because he's good pals with his lady bike.

Even with the whole bio-signature thing being basically BS techno-babble, I still rather have that over the typical cartoon thing of the kid sidekick gets to come along because it's the kid sidekick.

But that's just me.