WTF Primetime - 08 - Deus Ex Machina - March 12 2011

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF Primetime - 08 - Deus Ex Machina - March 12 2011

[​IMG]

Let's fabulously Primetime with Vangelus, Gogdog, Aaron, and Omegus for some machine-on-ghost action.

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_Primetime_-_08_-_Deus_Ex_Machina_-_Mar_12_2011.mp3

2. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Another episode? Goddammit, I'm not even done with PrimeTime 7 and 138.

3. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

I hope this ep will be fabulous.

4. Mepayne

Mepayne Well-Known Member

Theory: Earth is Unicron

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    That would be kinda awesome actually. Too bad they don't have the balls.

6. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    Knock Out is totally into some kinky S&M-type stuff, what with the whole cattle-prod and various other instruments of pain.

You guys kinda forgot about the hanging plot thread that was Miko's cellphone. If Fowler hadn't retrieved Miko's cellphone for her, that would have been a major plothole if that thing had fallen into the wrong hands. Think of all the pictures of the transformers that would be on there. I'm sure if those pics leaked onto the internet, that MECH would have been quick to find those and maybe even use them to figure out the Autobots technology and build their own IDW headmaster Sunstreaker-like mech-suits.

Finally, I liked the music in the background when Prime and the kids were talking about breaking into the museum. It was very epic.

7. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

[​IMG]

I bet Soundwave gets alot of things too...

On another note, did anyone else get the vibe from Knockout that he was just as disinterested in Megatrons well-being as Starscream was? After my second watch through I picked up on it..

8. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Adam Baldwin's involvement as Breakdown was actually mentioned on the podcast by (I believe) Lupis Convoy. You should listen to you co-hosts, Mr. Ho.

9. GogDog

News Credits:
    Almost 215 recordings over the course of nearly three years. God forbid someone forget something.

10. TfAnimatedfan

News Credits:
    I was joking... Sorry if I sounded like a dick.

11. Aniel

Aniel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me Breakdown looked more like an generic armored truck than a Land Rover.

12. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At around 56 minutes when you guys are talking about Mikos Phone I was surprised to hear Vangeulus say, "yup cybertronian" in regard to Mikos picture.

As if they couldn't tell.. I'm assuming were' talking about the artifact.. But perhaps it was the picture itself that were identified "cybertronian" as if I recall correctly they did mention that in various worlds the tf's from the past disguised clues within the current medium of the inhabitants of a particular planet..

So maybe they just flat out recognized the picture as a cybertronian created item more than specifically the orb.. Although her phone is super high res it seems.

13. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another thing I like to mention is I like the consistency seen in TF prime so far.

With Bulkhead in this episode and fighting his way through the energon harvester's rays to get to the starscream and destroy the harvester.. It lines PERFECTLY up with the scraplets episode where it was Bulkhead that was the one that had the "remaining energy" to get up and bait the scraplets out.

And I like that.
    I wonder if it was intentional or just so happened that bulkhead lined up for fighting wildrider and knock out and thus worked out that way.

But still I love the idea that Bulkhead is bigger.. More resistant to damage, and because of thus has larger energon stores than someone like arcee might have.

Totally down with the cast thus far! Still want to see ratchet transform and actually do something outside of the HQ!

14. TfAnimatedfan

News Credits:
    Bulkhead is definitely the strongest Autobot besides (maybe) Prime. I'm starting to think that The Wreckers are still "Double Badasses" as opposed to "Single Badasses".

15. GogDog

News Credits:
    I think everyone besides Aaron already thought that. :D 

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Breakdown was definitely not a Landrover, he seemed to have more in common with the Hummer and Jeep than Landrovers to me.

17. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

I was somewhat surprised that Prime's pragmatism wasn't brought up in the podcast.

Not only did he agree to breaking the law and using humans, he probably thought up the plan as well. He was also all for leaving Miko behind to take the heat.

This is all explained in a very logical and sensible manner. First is that the Harvester was simply too dangerous to let just sit around, and humans were needed in order to carry out the mission with minimal fuss. And he was perfectly right in that Miko was safer having been arrested than out on the field.

But still, it's a far cry from the black and white morality that we're used to from Primes. This just furthers the comparisons between him and the Picard, in my view.

18. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I think the other "student" was just the girl from the 5 part that Jack flirted with XD

19. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    I think Knock Out is based more on that other first wave red scout from ROTF, Dead End. So they probably didn't call him Dead End because then, ofcourse, everybody would be like, "OMG, 2 Stunticons! When are the other 3 coming?"

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno, I think that feels like an even bigger stretch than the similarities to ROTF Knock-Out. Primarily looking at the chest/torso design.