WTF Primetime - 03 - Ancillary and On Demand

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF Primetime - 03 - Ancillary and On Demand

[​IMG]

Two gentlemen who have recently become ready and able to speak upon the topic of Transformers Prime have recorded their dynamic dual-wave discussion on the topic of that opening five-parter!

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_Primetime_-_03_-_Ancillary_and_On_Demand.mp3

2. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Coolness, always a treat to hear more Prime.

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They need to get you two in to write the obligatory Raf centered episodes.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a good thing I watched Prime when I did, Comcast has changed the Hub's On Demand to only people subscribed to the package containing Hub can play the shows.

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I'm actually pretty surprised that you guys are doubting the Prime toys in terms of accuracy after animated.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I totally agree with Seth about the WFC tie-in, what a forced and useless gesture. I guess that the Cons have no sense of vanity to downgrade their appearance that far:lol 

I also totally agree with Seth on the catch phrases so forced and wasted.

As for the toys, as we are already seeing with the derp of the moon toys Hasbro seems to have forgotten the lesson of everything pre-cybertron, a majority of the time it is nothing but abject fail when you use line wide gimmicks that are too obtrusive.. Armada Sideswipe anyone? I hope when they design(ed) the Prime toys they snap back out of that monkey crap.

There is a reason why everything from classics to RTS are basically such nice toys.. even tuner derpflap in all reality is light years better than 77% of the crap from Armada.

wait.. what happened to Eido11!! why the beeps? what did I miss?:( 

Edit.. oops cart before the horse

7. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did the bulk of the editing on this one and didn't have the Eido11 sound effect so to save Vangelus a little work I just put in beeps.

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

ah, phew, I always get a chuckle with the ole eidoing:lol 

9. GMfan101

GMfan101 The Smooth Operator

News Credits:
    I'm sure they'll be able to pull something off but it'll be problematic. With Animated, Hasbro designer Eric Siebenaler worked closely with Derrick J Wyatt in making sure the designs were able to transition into toys. With Prime the main issue is the designs have a lot of "expanding" portions which will make transitions from model to toy quite quite difficult. I am curious to know how closely Hasbro worked with this team to see if the designs would transfer well, but I suppose the answer will be seen in the product once we see it...time shall tell...

10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

lol wow...This was just depressing to listen to...Poor Raf...Why do people pick on this kid?

Also, it seems TFA is going to be the new "Geewun." Nothing's ever going to be as good as TFA.

I was into TFP because, kind of like how you guys touched on, it's doing what I liked about the movies before it started to go down hill. And maybe I'm just easily entertained...I donno...I'm tired and really don't care...It's 4 in the morning, I'm going to bed.

11. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't hate Prime, but I don't have unconditional love for it either. I didn't really get into Animated until season 3 and how good 3 was made me appreciate the other 2 more.

Also spar me throwing around of the geewun label, it's the dumbest derogatory comment ever.

12. CastIronMan

CastIronMan Active Member

For a mini series I didn't think Darkness Rising was to bad. Yes there were continuity errors, but we have to remember that not everyone will have played War For Cybertron or read Exodus, so some exposition is to be expected. As for the rest of the show I don't think that Orci and Kurtzman have blown their wad just yet. The 86 movie quotes were miss used however, but over all as a lead in to a new show it was pretty good.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I was just dismissing you guys as haters. But my honest opinion coming off of the episode was a feeling of depression. lol I think it was mostly the Raf stuff...That was a real downer. :p 

I wasn't calling anyone a "Geewuner." But I've seen this mentality going around about how awesome TFA was and how nothing will live up to it. So I just think it's kind of funny that TFA is now becoming the new "Geewun" in that respect. :lol 

TFA is going to need it's own "derogatory" title, though...Aneematurs?

Oh yeah, and I do agree on the whole misused 86 quotes, thing. When I heard them in the show, my first thought was: "I feel like I should find that cool...But I really don't." It indeed made for some very clunky dialog. You could just tell the creative team said to themselves: "These are classic quotes. Lets stick some in here."

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, as far as linewide gimmicks go, Mech Tech is about as un-obtrusive as you can get. They're seperate weapons-- the only evidence they're even there on the main figure is a couple of peg holes. If you don't like 'em, you can throw 'em in a bag.

15. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    An f-bomb slipped through there. 47:47

16. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agh, these foul mouth Canadians.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  17. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, I think "Light our darkest hour" was somewhat appropriate. I mean, an impending robot zombie apocalypse on a planet they can't leave would be pretty dim. 5 Autobots vs. the dead population of Cybertron are some nasty odds.

18. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's true, but my annoyance of mechtech comes from the fact that they do enough that it looks like they got a substantial portion of the engineering budget, potentially making the character toys themselves less impressive. Obviously I won't know that until the toys are out, but its making me "cautiously pessimistic" about the gimmick.