WTF? My Animated Megatron broke in less than a day???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Synical, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I just found him and got him last night, everything worked fine. Today however, his lights don't work. Pressing the button still makes the phrases and helicopter sound, but the light already stopped working. I pressed it hard and got it to light for a second one time, and now I can't get it to do it again. Anyone have a fix?

SO...that makes Megatron, and all 3 universe deluxes I picked up last night defective, not to mention sloppily painted. Either I'm unlucky or Hasbro's QC has really hit the fan lately.

2. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

dude just take it back, to me when stuff like this happens, i have no problem taking it back because i know i can only get a better one. usually its my fault and thats when i get mad because I broke it. i don't get mad if its not my fault and i hate when people complain about how they have to fix it. you never HAVE to fix it (unless it's your fault and or can't return it)...

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Sounds like a loose/bad connection, take him back and swap him for another one.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

If you have soldering skills try to fix him before taking it back

5. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Either bad wiring or weak batteries. Try changing the batteries, even if the voice still works. Stuff like that happens.

6. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Wow, yet another Animated figure error.

7. Brawlastator

News Credits:
    You know, the weirdest thing is, NONE of my Animated figures are defected. I guess Hasbro sent all of the good ones to Georgia! :) 

8. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Musta sent the good ones to Saskatchewan too, cos I haven't had ANY problems either. And as far as paint apps go, just check them over before you buy em. Sure there will always be some parts you can't see until you get it out of the box and transformed, but usually if it looks pretty good in the box there probably wont be any other bad apps.

9. Brawlastator

News Credits:
    Exactly! Always inspect before you buy! If you see even one out of place paint spot, don't buy it. There's bound to be more where it came from. The one flawed figure I ever got was Deluxe Bumblebee, and that's because I wasn't there to give him a look-over.

10. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah always press the button a few times to makes sure everything is fair game. By a few times I mean 20 times in the store and the entire drive home.

Some may call the excessive but I say it's covering your bum!!!!

11. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

Well, I'll try replacing the batteries but that seems odd that the sounds would continue working but not the lights. I can't just return it because he's not in saturation around here and I rarely have the ability to go to the store let alone to look for transformers.

As far as paint apps, I inspect the hell out of them. It takes me a ridiculous amount of time to pick out transformers, but all the paint issues always seem to be on the robot mode parts that I can't see then. With Prowl though, painting over all that translucent plastic is just never gonna look good no matter how well they do it.