WTF is up with Xmas shows this year?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by NotFastEnuff, Dec 24, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I keep looking, but none of the "classic" Christmas specials are coming on for Christmas day. No Charlie Brown Christmas. No Mickey's Christmas Carol. No Muppet's Christmas Carol. Hell, the only "classic" one I've found is A Christmas Story, and since they started running it for 24 hours, I don't like it. What happened to being able to watch all the good stuff we grew up with. Most of the broadcast channels aren't showing ANY Christmas programs. What are your thoughts on this?

My $.02. I feel it's because of the open "I'm a (fill in whatever group) and I'm offended by Christmas." people. I personally am offended by these people. Let the rest of us observe the holiday, and if you don't want to, don't. Just don't bother us.

Rant over.

Merry Christmas!

2. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I noticed the same thing. Where's Rudolf!?!? :( 

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Frosty was on last week

4. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I'm getting sick and tired of all the "people getting offended by the word 'Christmas'" crap.

Jeeesus (no really). I'm polytheistic and follow some Druid things (http://www.religioustolerance.org/) and I don't give a crap if someone says "Merry Christmas". Yes (not to get into a religious debate) Christmas means "birth of Christ" but there's plenty of nondenominational aspects to Christmas.

And yeah, besides "A Christmas Story" and "It's a Wonderful Life" I've yet to see any movies either. :/ Lame.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I'll make a deal. You can have your Christmas specials back when I get my Halloween specials back (Treehouse of Horror airing on Nov 1st?! Screw that!).

Also, I celeberate Christmas, but I think its gone too far. I shouldn't be hearing Jingle Bells in August or September.

It is a shame though that there is apparently a lack of classics on TV this year, but Im not about to be throwing a fit or anything over it. And I dont think anybody is calling the netowrks in droves demanding that they not air Xmas specials, it probably has to do with lower ratings since people that grew up watching all those are all older and all.

6. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I.. actually remember watching one of those creepy-style-puppet Christmas movies (not Rudolph, but in the same style) in 2005.
    At a bar.
    While drunk.

...it finally after all these years... made sense.

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We have everything on tape and DVD that we usually watch, so we have no problem there.

But I have noticed that there is a severe lack of Christmas programming on the TV. It is quite unfortunate.

8. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

those old Stop Motion movies have been on ABC Family like all month. My mom was watching one every day when I came home. And there is only one I like: The Life And Times of Santa Claus, and it only gets shown like once a year (compared to the dozen for Rudolph) because Christians bitched about it being Satanic back in the 80's and 90's. SATANIC? ITS A FRIKKIN CHRISTMAS MOVIE!

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of the really big Christmas specials already aired early in the month (or late November, in Charlie Brown Christmas' case). So aside from ABC Family and TBS's ridiculous marathon of the severely overrated A Christmas Story, most stations have already exhausted their Christmas programming.

10. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Not to mention half an hour before Christmas Day officially begins is a bad time to make a point of it anyway. Most families (at least that I know) have no TV on Christmas. They are too busy spending the day with their family for a change. And even with me being a kid (pretty much) if it means I get just one day a year to spend with my family without having to worry about making a trip to town, or getting interupted by my dads job, then hearing Jingle Bells in August isnt a problem at all.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah, all the specials aired earlier this month.

12. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I do wish they would show the classics all through christmas. I would watch!!! I miss Rudolf by far the best christmas special ever!!!

13. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Rudolph usually airs in the first week of December if not on Thanksgiving weekend, as does a Charlie Brown Christmas. In fact, I heard that A Charlie Brown Christmas actually aired three times this year. You have to pay attention starting at Thanksgiving time. There are publications like TV Guide that list broadcast times as well early in the month.

--Moony

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Much as I enjoy the classics...I do have to say, there is no need for them to be replayed to death year after year. If networks start showing new holiday movies, shows, specials, etc....there will be a whole new generations of classics for people to enjoy years down the road.

Classics can't be born if never given the chance, sometimes things need to be retired and something new takes the spotlight. Afterall, the classics we know and love weren't always viewed as such, they were new once.

..and just because I can, the same can be said about Transformers ;) 

15. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

I remember watching the Starwars trilogy over 18years ago on NBC Chrismas day.

Heck now days I'd settle for Homealone.

16. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    I have seen quite a bit of Christmas programming. I think the new Shrek Christmas will be a classic, as it was pretty cute. I do enjoy the nostalgia of the old shows, but always looking for new ones!

Also, I love that movie "A Christmas Story", but 24 hours straight is enough to make me shoot myself. The wife and I watched it tonight, and it was weird that as soon as the credits finished rolling, it started all over again...ouch

17. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Agreed, tis a good movie but not 24 hours worth!

18. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Yeah! Where is my Kiss Saves Santa?

19. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A lot of these shows were already on, you just need to watch out for them. Charlie Brown Christmas was on in Nov. for some crazy reason.

20. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Boomerang is showing christmas specials all day today.

From pac-man to grinch!