WTF is this buyer doing? (a seller's paradise)

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

So I came across this buyer by chance, seeing an auction I was following get up way too high with a day left, this first one here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Transformers-G1-...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So I'm wondering, what the hell is someone bidding $150+ in advance for a mib Snarl, I go into his buying history and WOW.

Here is the new undersized KO/bootleg Thrust for $102.50, I f'in kid you not.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370006184322

There are other overpayed reissues and kos in there too, I didn't look through his whole list but yikes.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I don't get it. Its his money, if he wants to over pay thats his choice. Perhaps, the buyer is extremely rich, and $100 is like $10 to him.

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I know, you're right. I guess it's none of my business anyways (except in being affected in bidding on the occasion ebay auction), sometimes I get struck though and pause. One other time it was $170 for loose Squalkbox, in auction so someone else was bidding that high, when a BIN one was around for $75. But you're right, as long as it's not me why worry.

4. JBrock

JBrock TFW2005 Supporter

Taking his previous purchases into account, it may be a kid that got some extra Christmas money but doesn't know how to spend it.

There are some buyers from China who pay huge amounts for sealed Transformers. I have dealt with a few of them and they range from dealers to scam artists.

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

His money. If he wants to waste it so fruitlessly, then let him.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Make that more than one kid, with that bid history. Maybe it was a bidding war mentality. Makes people craaaaaaaaZY.

7. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

thats ridculous