Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Poho, Jul 31, 2007.
i thought they were in LA...
It's a made up city to support the story getting from the Hoover Dam to a major city in less than an hour. Of course it was actually filmed in LA.
Most of it was, anyways. the building sam is running from megatron in is in detroit, if my memory is correct.
They could have filmed at multiple locations....
Mission City is based on Downtown Los Angeles, recognizing Hope Street and the other side of the Los Angeles Public Library when Starscream comes landing down nearly on top of Sam. The building where Sam gets cornered by Megatron is most likely Detroit but having not been there, I wouldn't be sure.
I'm contradicting the question, but does it matter where Mission City is? I mean, stories make up so many places for the movies or books. Take for instance Gilmore Girls' "Stars Hollow" --- its a fictional place, doesn't exists in the real world. Or even Buffy The Vampire Slayer's "Sunnydale". It doesn't exist either and yet to resides in California. So Mission City, be it real or fictional, falls into such a category.
Like Mt. St. Hilary.
Okay, where was that one from? Its sounds freakishly familiar to me.
G1. Not quite sure if it was in both the cartoon and the comics, though.
Misson city is actually the code name we use for Flin Flon, Manitoba. Keep it to yourself though.
Its just a made-up location for the movie. That's all. Lighten up.
I find it odd that they had Qatar & Hoover Dam as locations in the film — actual places — and then made up a place for the final act. Rather inconsistent, no? Either the film takes place in our world or it doesn't.
Both. It's the volcano the Ark crashes into.
I thought "Mission city" was just a millitary designation made up by Capt. lennox for the purpose of combat co-ordination. It was a real location, just not named in order to prevent over-zealous fans diving for an atlas to ask "where's that?"
Heh. Let's see...
- Beginning of "Autobot planet fall" scene: Griffith Observatory, near Los Angeles
- Jazz crashing into a baseball stadium: Dodger Stadium, Downtown Los Angeles
- much of Mission City street level battle: Parts of Downtown LA and Detroit
- building with Sam being cornered by Megatron: Detroit (most likely, any Detroit folks out there?)
- Bee captured by S7: Los Angeles River, either 7th Street, 4th, or 1st Street south to north
- there's an actual Nellis AFB in Nevada but they could've used Edwards, Kirtland, or Holloman AFB for exterior in the scene where Lennox and Epps are picked up by S7
Holloman was used.
what about - Shermer, Illinois ;o)
Yup. It was in Oregon; the G1 comics had a fair bit of activity set in Portland.
*woots for me living in oregon*
how cool would it have been if it was scramble city!!!1!
Separate names with a comma.