WTF is everything

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by robertj1138, Jul 4, 2006.

1. robertj1138

robertj1138 MiniconCommander

Ok, this is my first post and I am sorry to ask a really stupid question, but I can't help it. WTF is up with Target/Wal-Mart and Toys'R'Us. Everytime I go in there to look for new toys all they have is Megatron, Buzzsaw, Clocker, and maybe one or two others. I have been waiting to see Jetfire, Soundwave, or any legends class TF show up at any one of those 3 places and nothing. What they even carry is usually picked clean. Tulsa, Ok isn't a small town so why is the selection so tiny. I don't mind ordering online, but I would like to save the time waiting for delivery or maybe get that odd impulse buy in. Any ideas?

2. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

welcome to the boards, and welcome to the wonderful world of under-stocked toy stores!

3. blackwind

blackwind New Member

Ebay:
    Yeah tell me about it, BBTS has completely replaced toy shopping in stores for me.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

For fun, ask one our UK members what Cybertron figures they've been able to find in stores lately.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Summer toy drought, it REALLY sucks being an Alternator collector, I haven't seen a new one in the store since March.

6. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I've seen every toy that's been sighted recently in stores. It seems when you aren't looking for stuff you find it.

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

All the stores in a 50-75 mile radius around are the same way. No new TF toys.

8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Up here in Canada (Toronto, specifically); I'm still waiting for Cyb Metroplex, Red Excellion, Override GTS, Cannonball, & Primus. BW 10th anniversary wave 3 is no where to be seen. Alternator Mirage & O.Prime seem like they'll never show up...

It seems like forever since I first saw all of the above toy images on the TFW2005 news boards...

9. robertj1138

Thanks all. Nice to know I am not the only one. It just really stinks, because there is nothing like happening across a good deal. BTW, how is tuesday morning for toy buying?

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The Internet is really, really greeeat.....For Por.....er I mean toys :D 

11. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Ha! Try collecting LoC. I've only seen one Galvatron and my brother bought it. :throw 

12. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That depends on when you go there, and what they have in stock. I got Reissues Rodimus and Ricochet there for $8 a piece; I've also seen $20 Unicrons, a complete set of E. Bruticus for under $30, and some other odds and ends. Lately though...nothing.

-Tony!

13. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

Short Answer:

Major distribution points are still in a state of flux.

Long Answer:

There's so many factors that have been screwing up toy distribution for some time now. Chief among them is the price of gas. The cost to run trucks to all the different stores have more than trippled in the last 4 years when you factor in driver pay. To compensate for that, stores such a Wal Mart and Target are taking fewer shipments each week.

With fewer shipments in each week, each shipment must replinish the store with what it sells through fastest and what is needed for sales. Hardline goods like electronics, dvds and music are normally at the top of the line with perishables. Toys are along the bottom of the list since they are considered "out of season" until the September shipping schedule.

Toys R Us is a whole other story. Their distribution system has been in the process of being tweaked for the last several years. There's been some success, but regional wharehouses still are dropping the ball in some places. The same thing about rising shipping costs apply here as well. With many TRUs also carrying everything Babies R Us carried, toys are falling by the wayside in favor of baby supplies and toys for infants which sell faster.

A big factor in even getting toys into the US is because of the increased port security we have had since 9/11. Hasbro attempted to circumvent this by building a new receiving port in Canada on the West Coast and then having the materials transported by truck down into the US. When gas prices boomed, this created an additional hit for the distrubition network ... since once again, fewer trucks are traveling and those items selling fastest to retailers get first priority over new stock and slower selling items.

14. robertj1138

thank you for the insight.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I just have to point out that this is the best title for a thread ever.

16. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

Lol, dont even get us started!!

17. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm glad someone else is having this problem besides me. I was lucky to find a cyb Prime. Now, I have been to 7 stores within an hour of Philly and still no Primus!

18. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Misery loves company, lol...

19. robertj1138

OMG OMG. I can't complain anymore. I found a nice little Toys'R'Us nestled in the middle of nowhere that probably restocked today at just the right time or has extremely poor foot traffic. Either way, the 6 ft section of transformers they had was full, and of stuck I couldn't find anywhere else. They had titanium series ark, megatron (cyb), starscream (g1), sideswipe (g1), jazz (g1), optimus primal (bw) they also had LoC Def Red Alert, Thundercracker, Vector Prime, Hot Shot, Soundwave, and the voyager class soundwave and leader class metroplex. I bought them all and it felt great. YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    If anybody is looking for LoC stuff, it's completely overflowing in Fred Meyer stores in my area. If you're willing to pay retail price and for shipping, I'd be more than happy to get you what you're looking for. Just PM me.