WTF? Blue and Black... paint on Chrome?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MushroomPrime, Mar 3, 2009.

1. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I was Transforming my Henkei Skywarp, and I notice that there is blue on the chrome on one of the launcher. No big deal, until I notice the black on the other. Now I have weird colored launchers :C

Is there any way to fix this?

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    pics??

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Sorry, Camera's broken.

All I can do to describe it is say it looks like it's painted on. there is no bumpiness (It's smooth, like it would normally be)

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

i was going to say that it is scratches but it might be a paint flaw. you could use chrome paint to paint over the coloured areas.

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I am lost? the plastic on each launcher is a diff color?

6. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Yeah, that's something I've noticed about the Henkei seekers; the chromed part of the launchers can be any color from the sprue mold. Like, if you look down the barrel, or at the small sprue break point on the bottom of the chromed launcher barrel you can see what color the thing is actually molded from under all that chrome.

I've seen Henkei Thundercrackers with Blue, White, or Black innards. My Skywarp has One Blue and one Black (!!) and my Starscream has two white ones. I'm guessing they just grabbed whatever comes down the line when they were assembling the two exclusive seekers.

If you can't see to tell and it really bothers you enough that you MUST find out, you can always pull them off -- the chromed bits on Henkei guns aren't secured NEARLY as well as on their North American cousins.