WTB KO/fake or Pre Omega Supreme Cosmos Robot / Mectron-1

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by Backstop, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Hey guys.
    I hope some of you can help? I am looking for 2 Omega Supreme KO's that were sold in the 80's under the names Cosmos Robot or Mechatron-1 and in the UK/Europe under Omegatron, I had one as a kid and it was very special to me so I will even consider loose or various parts. For more info here is some links below.Thanks!

blue/chrome
    http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/Knockoffs/OmegaSupreme1.html

grey/red
    http://diaclones.com/gallery.php?mo...x552-1092211337meca2.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

2. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Coincidentally enough, I picked up a Cosmos Robot (C8 mint and complete; only missing one of the large red pegs and the electronics work partly) yesterday at a Toronto toy show - got it for $100 CDN, not sure whether I got ripped off (I wasn't in a position to bargain since I really really wanted one, lol). Looks awesome, like an Omega Sentinel from the G1 cartoon.

Good luck to you man, I hope you find one too...

3. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That dealer came up to me after you left the show yesterday and asked me how much his Omega KO was worth.

4. Backstop

News Credits:
    Would you consider trading or selling it? As I was also at the show and showed the dealer how to transform it as well as told him what was missing. if you notice one arm is also broken (left?) and yes one clip is missing as also there is a stress mark on the backpack button.

I wanted to buy it but the dealer did not think I was telling him the truth in terms of he was way over priced, As he was asking $200 and said its worth $1000. I told him go talk to the guy at the other table "super Megs" if he thought I was full of it. So I guess he waited to see the max he could get near the end of the show.

I had that exact verson as a kid that my sister got for my birthday one year so it brings back great memories for me, I hope I can find one as all I got yesterday was a KO 80's brown Grimlock :-(

5. Backstop

News Credits:
    I told him to when I was still there, What a goof as he would only go down to $150 for me. and it had a busted arm , missing clip and tank did not work correct. he thought it was a Diaclone and worth $1000 so I guess I can't always get lucky :-( I was thinking about it all day yesterday and Billy kept pushing for me to get it, oh well the search goes on!

6. Crobot91

News Credits:
    So I guess it wasn't coincidence, lol...

From what I can determine the arms are not broken; all that needs to be done is open it up (via screws) and have the springs put back into the proper slots (I could be wrong though; I'll have to check). You're right about the electronics not working 100% but the light in the head works perfectly fine.

I guess I'm good at lowballing these dealers (from $200 to $100), lol...

7. Backstop

News Credits:
    I am pretty good at low balling too, but I guess I pissed him off as he kept saying it was a real Diaclone. I told him the original verson is made by Toybox and showed him there was no copyright stamp. I then told him Diaclones are made by Takara so there is no Diaclone verson for this. He then told me some super collector told him its worth $1000 and it is Diaclone lol.....anyway I offered him $100 but he said no as I guess he waited to see if he could get more. I left around 1:30 so I guess he figured take what I can get as I tiold him I had to go. So anything your looking for? As would you consider trading or selling? or cash and trade? plmk. Thanks!

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Afaik they aren't K.O but licensed figures.

9. Backstop

News Credits:
    I am aware some are licensed but the one we saw is a KO and not a pre-TF verson.

10. Crobot91

News Credits:
    Sorry man, I'd like to help a fellow boardmember but I've been looking forever for a re-paint of Omega Supreme and he fits perfectly beside my e-hobby re-paint/diaclone collection. If I'm lucky to find another, I'll let you know, thanks.

It's definitely a high quality KO from the 80's.

11. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:
  12. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I have:
    black leg parts A, C, E, F, G & a foot for Cosmos Robot
    grey backpack, rocket top/blaster arm, rocket bottom/claw arm, track L, and a dia-assembled tank for Mechabot

LMK