WSTF Dinobots v. G1

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gen. Magnus, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    How do they stack up against one another? I find myself wanting a Snarl again, the one Dinobot I had as a child but they tend to go for a good bit. Will I get the same / similar satisfaction from a WSTF or should I just sink into the bigger, vintage version? I am leaning toward the larger version, to tell the truth, but the prices put me off a little.

Also, if I am to purchase a G1 Snarl, what is a fair value for a complete one or at least one in good condition if not complete (I can piece it together if need be).

2. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't own any G1 Dinobots, but as my memory recalls, they seem to be practically the same, and will probably give you your Dinobot fix like a G1 would. They are very affordable and you will enjoy display them as I will be...and, they make nice paperweights, unlike g1...

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The line got better as it went on. The first two wouldn't compare to the originals, but Grimlock is damn-near perfect, and I assume Sludge and Swoop will be of similar quality.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love all three WSTF Dinos. Grimlock is deffinately the best. Because he's small, Snarls dino-legs and robot lower arms peg in instead of being attached, but he's still amazing. The detail and quality of them are fantastic! Never have I owned transformers like them!

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The differences from the original Snarl are minimal: the hands peg in instead of sliding out from inside the upper arm and the dino-mode rear legs are pegged on instead of being bolted on, both of which are dur to size/space restrictions. When in robot mode, the tail halves tend to flop arount a bit, but really, I'd reccomend getting it. I solve the worrysome problem of losing his fists while he's in dino-mode by leaving the weapons in them. I do this with Slag as well. Your enjoyment of these figures only increases if you've got any of the other WST's, and/or any of the G1 city-formers, and/or scale reduced knock-off combiners. Get them.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd reccommend both! :D 

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Snarl also has longer pointier spikes on his tail.

Sllag's fists can be stored in his chest aswell.

Plus, all dino's are show-accurate in colour, so they have more chrome and blue eyes! (And red head for Sllag)