WST swoop trouble

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SoundMaster, May 3, 2008.

1. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I just got WST Swoop in the mail today, and I need some help.
    The darn blue body peices won't budge!
    I have tried to open it with a skrewdriver, to loosening the skrews on the back.

Any suggestions, PLEASE!

2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    This seems to be a common problem, but loosening the screws did the trick for me, so I'm not sure what else to say.

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have this problem. I haven't got round using the screwdriver on him though.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had similar on mine. I think the problem may be the chrome coating on the wing parts make the slots the chest pieces slide through very tight. I stuck a blade between the chest parts and moved and twisted it to pry them apart. They're still very stiff on mine, but I can at least move them by hand/fingernail now.

5. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. Loosening the screws worked for me. I also couldn't mount the wing missiles, so I had to glue them.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yup, same problems on mine: ridiculously tight chest pieces and missile launchers that wouldn't mount on the wings. I managed to get one of the launchers to wedge in loosely, and just stuck the other one in one of Swoop's hands. As for the chest, I loosened the back screws and stuck a tiny screwdriver in between the chest halves to wedge them apart. Not ideal. I may go and try to scrape off some of the chrome inside the screw paths to loosen it up. Otherwise that little bastard is staying in robot mode.

I had a similar problem with Sludge's sword... the chrome added so much mass to the pommel that it wouldn't fit in his fist-hole. I had to carve away a bit of the coating to get it to fit, so unfortunately my Sludge's sword has a white hilt now.

Ah well, I'm not too put out by the problems, as they are still nice-looking little pieces. It's just a reminder that nothing beats the originals.

7. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same problem here.
    But I still need to loose it off.

Still, better than being extremely loose.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    did any of you tell the retailer you purchased from? As maybe they can let the company know to fix the issues,

9. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Swoop has the same problem. After the initial frustration of using a screwdriver to get him apart, a few loosened screws later, and I can do it (with some difficulty) by hand.

I'm just terrified to put the stickers on now, because they're going to be destroyed just by transforming him, though.

Hey, does anyone know what the next WST is now that Dinobots are done?

Chris

10. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that too. I did the same thing with Sludge's sword (I shaved it down to fit) I am also missing his rocket launcher and rockets.
    So, to sum it up, I have 4 problems with my Swoop/Sludge:

1)Swoops chest wouldn't open.
    2)Swoops missiles wouldn't mount.
    3)Swoop didn't come with Sludges rocket launcher/rockets.
    4)Sludge couldn't hold his sword.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Sludge was like that too. Fortunately, I got them at Botcon, and we went through a few Sludges until one worked.

My only problem now is that Snarl can't hold his missile launcher. It's wayyy too loose. Clear nail polish here I come...

Oh, and apparently ALL Snarls have really loose waists.

Chris

12. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday and had the same problem. What i noticed is that theirs so much blue paint on the chest that it even covers the detaling. Anyone with both this and the stocking stuffer swoop would probably notice this.

13. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    You just need to use a lot of force. Also, don't try pushing the entire side at once. Try pushing one half of the side, and once that has made some progress, push the other half of the side. Then repeatAfter a couple transformations the friction is reduced and it becomes a lot easier.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I pried mine open carefully with a flathead screwdriver. As soon as I could get the tip of my finger between the chest halves, I worked it loose. I also had issues with the launchers not mounting and Sludge not being able to hold his sword....so I took a knife and shaved down the handle on the sword and dug some of the chrome out of the holes on the wings. The launchers aren't totally stable but they'll fit in now.

15. GBNR

GBNR Well-Known Member

I took a different approach with sludge's sword: I drilled his fist a little bit bigger...don't remember what size drill bit, but it was just a tiny bit bigger than the existing fist-hole. Worked like a charm, and I didn't have to scrape any chrome.