WST Swoop Problems

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, May 9, 2008.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have had two major problems with mine, which came today. First, it was missing the sword out of the box. Second, the missile launchers don't fire and will not fit on the wings...seems the hole is too small.

Anyone else have any issues?

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Mine was complete, however I do have the launcher problem. There is too much chrome in the holes and they do not fit. I also had to loosen the screws on his body so the two halves would open to transform him.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Swoop was definately tight. The launchers do not fit under the wings. I don't know if anyone else had this problem but my slag was missing 1 gold panel. The small gold part on the wings in Robot mode. It seems missing parts have been found in all the dinobots by someone.

4. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    that sucks. It was excessive chrome in the holes plus a piece of plastic needed trimming on the pegs. loosened the chest up but still no gun. gonna contact tfsource and see whats up.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

He's still awesome though despite the small issues.

6. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Mine had the uber-tight chest and the uber-chromed wings that don't allow the launcher pegs to fit as well.

One transformation loosened up the chest enough to transforme him normally without too much strain (busted my nails doing that, though), and I don't normally display the WST with any accessories anyways, so I'm not too bothered by the wing/launchers issue...

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I'm still waiting on mine from A3U.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I have the toy accurate one, and whilst really really tight, the missle launchers do indeed fit in the pegs, you just gotta work them in. I don't think they're SUPPOSED to fire though, no springs in launchers that tiny. they're just for looks.

9. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both the blue chest and red chest ones. On each, while the holes in the wings do not fit the launchers intially, I was easily able to work the launchers in with a few twists (push the peg from the launchers in the holes and twist) which easily opened the holes wide enough. I think when they chromed the wings, the chrome partially covered the holes, but push the chrome in and it's fine.

10. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    The guns don't fire. And yeah, there's a lot of chrome overflow in the peg holes. Just hollow them out with the screwdriver you're using to loosen his chest screws when you're transforming him and they'll be fine.

11. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    The only problem I have (so far) found with mine is that there are gaps just big enough is Swoop's shoulder area to allow his head to come out. I've tried tightening the screw inside his chest area, but the gaps just don't close.

Does anyone else have this problem?

12. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I had the wing launcher/chest issues with my Swoop as well and also had a huge amount of excess flash on him on both near the hands and on the pegs for the launchers.

It does seem that a couple twists with the launchers opens up the holes quite nicely though and as I rarely transform my Transformers, especially my WSTs, I'm not really bothered by the chest issue.

I did notice though that there was a huge amount of chrome flaking coming off Swoop when I put on his stickers. The floor near my coffee table was rather shiny when I was finished. Fortunately, it seemed to be excess chrome as the chromed parts are still nice and shiny.