wst shockwave aka military operations commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by marshall dusty, Feb 18, 2010.

1. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got my WST shockwave today. Really awesome figure. I don't have a G1 but I don't see why it doesn't transform just like it. It's a breeze and fun to do.

Someone mentioned that blaster's (wst) were loose but able to hold it's weapon. I think i know what he means by working with shockwave. His joints are loose but any position you put them at, they WILL hold. One thing that worries me is his nose. It's flexible where it will not crack but the ends that hooks up to his arm and or back seem like they break off since they're so thin and little. i suppose if that were to happen, the tiniest dot of gorilla glue or whatever should suffice to put them back together. they do look sturdy though so it's not a problem for now.

Porkchop below asked me if he felt flimsy. i have to say yes, but it's not bad. he's comparable to wst megatron. really loose and what not but shockwave can definitely stand on his own without needing to be balanced. a couple fellow members told me he looked big but he's not big at all. my comparison pictures are bad and at a distance, i can retake some shots if needed.

I'll edit this thread through the day or whatever to give you some pros and cons for now, pics.

Also, i'm no photographer so bare with the flash and the occasional blurry shot.
    holler.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. marshall dusty

News Credits:
    second post for more pics

Attached Files:

3. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    wonderful mini awesome bot

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Looks nice. Where did you get those seekers? I would really like them.

5. marshall dusty

News Credits:
    skywarp, thundercracker and sunstorm i got for about 10$ each on agesthreeandup before they went belly up. the original site. i just checked on the site and the new owners are up, who knows how long they've been up but they they only have wst dinobots. not sure if anyone has dealt with them so i can vouch for them now.

ramjet and dirge i got from a fellow member for about 30 shipped if i recall. and thrust, he's an original wst that can be found anywhere for about 5-10$.
    i still haven't finished my collection. i need a starscream, magnus, silvestreak and i think cliffjumper. prime i have him in my prime set.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Ah, Yes, I remember seeing them on angesthreeandup a long time ago. I only have thrust and SS but I would like them all. I wonder if I can still find them on Ebay. They are KO's right?

7. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You got ramjet and dirge from me...:(  I miss them...Man I had them all..but I sold them for some $$$. I'm glad to see this WST line continue on!! But I ended up realizing that I don't really like them as much as the classics line, so I had to consolidate.

8. marshall dusty

News Credits:
    megtatron, yup, they'are all KO's. except thrust.

There's another guy on ebay, heerotoymaker or something on ebay. every once in a while posts KO wst's, including these and clear ones.

superion, you're right, i did get those from you! don't worry they're in a good home.
    where are you located in ill?

9. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In Burbank, Right next to midway airport!

10. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    Looks pretty sweet, I need a Shockwave and Blaster for my wst collection, I just got a blue Tracks off ebay, I saved for what seemed like forever for it. But the worlds smallest is one of my favorite lines, there are a lot of them on ebay still, good place to find those seekers.

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Whoa whoa whoa, where did you get that WST Classics Prime? It looks sweet.

12. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marshall, thanks for dropping off wst Shockwave and Blaster. I was pumped about putting Shockwave in Devastator's hands but unfortunately the special hand doesn't fit him. Only works on the newer G1 Combiners with the larger main robot. Unfortunately, I don't have a Decepticon combiner like that.:(  Was thinking about putting him with Computron but probably won't seem right. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for wst Twincast and Shackwave. Radioactive, those are the Kabaya Primes. I have to put mine together, they look sweet.

13. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    I cant wait to get mine from you... that thing is kick ass!

14. marshall dusty

News Credits:
    yeah man for sure. i'll package him up today and after work ship him out. hopefully you get him tomorrow! too bad you came by padre yesterday, if only one more day and you would have been set.

superion, cool, i'm fairly close to you. i'm in the southside too, but more north from yah. i stay near county jail, 23rd n california. southside, but a cubs fan.
    where do yah hide? you rarely post on sightings, you should do a meetup when we next do one.

optronix, nice how much did you pay for tracks? wst line is also one of my favorites. i just got ultra magnus for 35 shipped on ebay few hours ago. it said it was original and hope it is. first time i see him that 'cheap' i had to bite the bullet.

jason, anytime. thanks for the welcome at your place, love seeing your collection every time. it never gets old! thanks also for the fallen.

15. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

My WST shocky arrived today.

the diecast was a real bonus for me, and the figure feels well-made and nicely proportioned. The transformation is nicely done too, although sliding his legs out to the sides was a bit tough. I found the best way to do it without breaking them was to fold the other leg out the way and push it as near to the pin as you can from the inside rather than pulling it.

The arm ball-joints are slightly suspect, one of his shoulders is already very loose and his arms aren't going to stand upto much play before they're similarly floppy, but it's a WST and they're balljoints so he won't get played so much as displayed and they're easily fixed.

All-in-all a really nice mold and i'm very pleased with him. For me Shockwave is the clear winner out of the two Justitoys figures. if you like WSTs you should go buy one.

16. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Mine arrived in Blighty today - I love the figure, it's an awesomely realised sculpt. I really like the fact that they've sculpted the spring details into the legs, and the transluscent parts look fantastic. I may have to get another one so I can have him displayed in gun and robot mode simultaneously.

The gun mode in particular looks much better than the original mold. It's just less awkward somehow.

17. marshall dusty

News Credits:
    it's the kabaya candy primes. awesome figs. you gotta build em, but fairly easy.

18. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got this guy today. Totally awesome and impressive in hand. I hadn't seem any fan pics with Bruticus yet, so here he is;

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Highly recommended!

19. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    I never owned a G1 Shockwave, so this is the closest I'll get right now, it seems. I guess I could spend a fortune on eBay, but in the meantime this seemed like a fun way to at least experience the mold in some fashion.

The figure is incredibly detailed and is decently sturdy (though I would be sure to avoid applying intense pressure on the joints). Sliding the legs at the waist for robot mode was nerve racking the first time, as some mold flash was blocking the pieces from moving. Friction alone caused that extra molding to come off, which then made for smooth sailing.

My only gripe on this little guy is a minor one, but it just bugs me: the red eye. I really would have preferred a yellow eye for nostalgia's sake, but a tiny dab of paint should fix that right up. He displays well with other WSTs, and the bonus combiner hand gimmick is a lot of fun.

20. marshall dusty

News Credits:
    i believe kotoys.com has g1 boxed KO shockwaves. since i got the wst shockwave, now i NEED to get a g1 sized. grr! it's so awesome. i might go that route.....how much did you see the g1 ones on ebay for? i think kotoys has em for about 80 dollars.