Heavy/Scratch: WST Rampage, non-transformable

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Delta Star, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The arm mode in the back is actually from the mini-Predaking KO, but I repainted it, stickered it, glued it into arm mode, changed some proportions and replaced the head... oh, and added a bigger sword :) 

The other two modes are easier to explain: Shapeways! Decided to mix the G1 toy with the animation model and went with chest stickers that have both the lightning bolts and the armor plate look.

Attached Files:

• temp.jpg
      temp.jpg
      File size:
      25.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Darth Wave

Darth Wave Well-Known Member

WOW... dude that rocks!

3. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice it's a shame that they can't be made to transform, but at that size, they'd break easily.great work on these ones

4. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    ok, let me ask
    whats the point of making them non-transformable?
    wasnt the whole point of the world smallest transformers that they could transform at that scale??

5. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't want them transformable. Not what I'm going for. I just like separate toys for each mode. I'm more into the characters and look of G1, and never really cared for the transforming gimmick.

I find that transforming toys look awkward in all modes, as they need to be designed in ways that accommodate the gimmick. They get loose in time, suffer from paint chipping and other wear. Also, they often don't scale well in one mode or the other (see the giant predaking arm? Couldn't have done that if it transformed).

It's just a personal preference, and I don't think it's any less valid than a transforming toy. It isn't lazy, or incomplete - often much harder because here I had to make three versions instead of one.

If I was making a custom Superman toy and a Clark Kent to go with it, nobody would say "why doesn't it transform?... you should be able to change his clothes and add glasses instead of having two different toys!". Certainly that would also be interesting, but just because it doesn't have that gimmick, doesn't mean it's not a good figure.

So try to look at it like that :)