WST Knockoff Questions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Larkin Vain, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

I'm just wondering if anyone got these. I'm interested in purchasing them but I would like to know the quality of these knockoffs.

2. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, it depends on which WST knockoffs (KO) you're buying.

For the Gestalt KO's well, expect KO quality for them -- decals peeling off, limbs limp out of the box, some surface decal missing and at times even missing parts. I strongly suggest you do not pay premium prices for these.

But if we're talking about WST Dinobots (they're neither Takara/Tomy nor Hasbro), then buy! buy! buy! They're very detailed for their size and 1 WST Dinobot must have more die-cast in him than MP-3 hehehe!

Hope that helps!

I'm thinking of getting myself a WST Devestator or even a Bruticus to interact with my Gigastorm -- their scale looks perfect with each other :) 

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the WST KO Combiners but the decals suck big time. I'm so glad Reprolabels is now selling WST decals like Superion to give these KOs a proper look. :D 

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If they're WST Knockoffs I think he means actual knockoffs like the translucent seekers and Primes, not knockoffs that are Smallest TF size... I'm curious as to their quality, as well.

5. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

Virtually no diff in plastic quality

[​IMG]

6. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

I bought a few of the seekers and trailers from heerotoymaker on ebay and they are mire accurate then Takara's. The seekers are based of of the full sized toys.

7. Larkin Vain

Larkin Vain Collector Reborn!

Thanks for the responses. I was actually refering to the combiners. I didn't know they made actual knockoffs of the actual toys. Who sells them?

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    heerotoysmaker does, he sells off Ebay. I love WSTs, havnt bought one I didnt' like, and I've gotten all but the newest KOs.

9. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

The combiner KOs are a lot sturdier than people think. Sure they're Ko's and they can be floppy, but they hold together well and a pretty solid. Menasor is the worst, hes floppy and breakdown tends to fall apart. Superion is very floppy, but thats more to do with the design and the scale. There have been two releases of the superion mold in identical packing. The second release is much better. Defensor and Bruticus are both very solid. I think almost as good as real WST. The only problem with them is their colours are wrong for G1 and their shoulders don't swivel.

I love all these little guys, I can't wait for more Reprolabels.