WST iPod Convoy - Prototype

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by agesthreeandup, Nov 14, 2007.

1. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    For anyone who is following the WST line of figures that are not released by Hasbro, a new figure has poped up. This one is a minature version of the iPod Convoy complete with mini iPod (not working of course). I am told that it will come in two variations, fully clear and clear blue. Unsure about a white version or a G1 colours version but it would only make sense.

This is an interesting additon to anyone's WST collection, if that is what they are into.

Auction for prototype is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Smallest-WST-Mu...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Spencer.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wish they'd do the proper 2 colorschemes for this, but even MORE I wish they'd do stuff that matters, like the g1 carbots we've not gotten, or blaster, or more tapes or insecticons, or shockwave, or triple-changers *L*\

They're only releasing this cause they can milk their wst prime mold even more than they already have. I'm surprised its still functional! this is really only the trailer that's new.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those KO makers will make anything now.

4. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The previous auction for the prototypes went for US$61 which seems a bit excessive

5. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I don't like completely clear toys. They're boring to look at.

6. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Agreed.

7. SarahMobius

SarahMobius Adventurer

News Credits:
    Meh. I actually think it's a cute idea, especially if you love your Music Label one, but pass on sheer silliness.

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks neat, if I had iPod Convoy I'd have been tempted :) 

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've preordered the G1 iPod Convoy and I'm not tempted at all, though I am usually a fan of the WSTs. A mini non-funtional iPod Convoy to me makes no sense at all.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  10. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I will buy this. I like it.

I want that tiny ipod.

11. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree. I currently have all the KO wst primes and seekers ('cept TC) and even the clear variants - only thing I am really a completionist about. I like the mold and hope they release some more primes, but I agree that it would be nice to see more WST molds and characters. While the seekers and clear seekers look cool, it is essentially about 12 of the same mold, other than the wings for thrust.

Although, if you have a super tiny ipod, you could probably rig this with super tiny speakers and then you would have a super tiny audio system that would rock. Reminds me of the cell phone in Zoolander!

12. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    I have one question:

Why?

13. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with SunnyDay77 & Redline - new characters please! I'm sure if they can produce minaturised molds for Defensor, Superion, etc and those Kabaya models, then they could do some for Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Ironhide, Ratchet, Hound, et al (especially as they are releasing them as boxed KOs in their regualr size)

C'mon, show us what you can do......! :thumb 

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So it doesn't work, or do they just mean the included iPod doesn't work?

If it's truly non-functional, then it's fairly pointless. Why would you want it instead of a normal trailer? I don't get it.

15. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Kinda funky on the looks of it, I only got interested when I saw the Matrix, which was before I read that it wasn't included...blah.

16. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I think the iPod versioin is ment to be more of a NOVELTY than anything else. I too have several of the WST Prime trailers including the awesome G2 Trailer which I am very impressed with. It would be cool if it did have the new head instead of the original WST head but I don't know if that is going to be true.

I think there are a few misconceptions about these and the other KO toys. Antapp uses the term 'they' very loosely in this statement about who does the Superion, Devastator and so on. There is a lot more work that goes into these figures than the cheap KO stuff you find at dollar max and other stores like that. The quality on these is also much higher than it is with the cheap KO toys. While I agree that more things do need to be made, I am guessing you go with what you know and from what I can see, someone seems to know prime trailers.

Also these are not done by the same person as the G1 car and Dinobot KO full size figures. I am unsure if they even know eachother to be honest. A completely different endeavour. I do also know that there are a few more things in the works. We will see if it comes to fruition or not.

I do agree that clear colours is kind of stupid. White would have been great and the G1 colours also would be a very good idea. I am unsure why but these people have never done the Prime Cab in the red and blue. They have done it in black and clears but never have they done one in the red and blue.

Spencer

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I like it, but $20 shipping is a bit much even for China.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed. What's the point? The full-size version is novel because it's a speaker set that looks like a Transformer. So this is a.... Transformer that looks like a speaker set that looks like a Transformer? Full-circle... and pointless. :) 

19. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its good to hear from someone in the know about the intricacies of the WSTs, and other figures. Thanks for that info! :thumb 

PS - Do you think that any more characters/molds will be redone in WST form? :confused: 

20. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just thought of something else too.... I know a lot of KO WSTs are made from existing molds (ie Ramjet/Dirge from Starscream), but how come Smokescreen has never been done from Silverstreak/Prowl? Just curious.... :confused: 

PS - Sorry for double post, but me love me WSTS....! :)