wst instead of minicons.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BAH, Mar 9, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Hello there, but these are supposed to be ROBOTS IN DISQUISE. So when a full size vehicle goes by followed by a minicon (or attached), I'm sure no one would notice.
    Now if classics Bumblebees JETSKI was a minicon, then that would be perfect. I'm not in the size changing club, either.
    The origonal minibots were cool toys but they didn't fit in any more than the minicons. I personnally wish that each line of Transformers had every figure in one scale and then a few select figures could be larger or smaller.

On this note: No matter if its a kid or an adult. If you have an excess of something, you are more than likely to damage or discard an item if you have multiple others to replace it with. If you DON'T have very many and your access to more, is limited, then you will take better care of the ones you have.
    Our society today has more PLAY money than we used to. so instead of just having, filthy rich- bratty kids vs poor humble kids, We have an entire society of kids/adults with no value for what we have. Its Walmarts fault.

Sounds like someone is having issues with a statement that has been made, to that individual, frequently.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ...and you're very certain that a child of the age of six understands that? A young boy in our society sees just about the entire spectrum of materialistic ownership when at school, from the kids with excess to the kids with nearly nothing. Most children enter elementary school between the ages of 4-6, and they've just barely hit a point where they can be accumulating anything that they'd recognize as valuable. In addition to that, that's about the same time that an education about a value system begins in earnest, to the point where the kid will understand it. Both the school and (sometimes this happens, sometimes not) the parents take an interest in explaining that so-and-so toy won't be replaced. It takes a few years - at the most - of actually owning toys to recognize that Mom/Dad won't buy you another if you break the first one.

I don't - and can't - believe that a child, especially of that age, is just going to automatically understand that lacking = care and excess = carelessness. Placing the blame on Wal-Mart is convenient, but it steers around the fact that the children are still cementing a value system into place based on the education of the children and the parents. All three of those aforementioned are equally under the microscope for teaching the kids a value system; commerce is not.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    naw, i dont want WSTs in place of minicons.

...already got WSTs :D 

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Again, to each their own;)  Oh and I skipped on most of the LoC as well since I didn't like them all that well either.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But WSTs are no different in this regard. They're not in scale with the rest of the toyline either - except for city bots, of which there are only four.

6. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

It begins with the childs first toys. If a child damages a toy and a new one appears instantly from the parents, that child, without consciously knowing it, will begin down this road. They also see other kids with toys/other kids see theirs, begin to have value for some/ not for others. Toy companies do their part to make them look flashy so kids will see and want. Their out to make money. Parents tend to say NO a lot less when they have more cash. As a child gets older they also learn how to get what they want. If mom won't buy it, dad will, or Grandparents, etc. I'm not saying that kids are going to keep their toys in mint condition but ones with less will take better care of the ones they have. Parents also have less time to spend with kids and tend to purchase items for kids, to make up for this.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah, I treated my toys rough as a child even though I loved them. I also enjoyed 'customising' them with marker pens. Which unfortunately didn't keep the rich color they had at first.

When I discovered Nintendo and G2 put me off Transformers altogether (until Beast Wars), my entire collection was thrown away or burned. I just didn't want to be a Transformers fan anymore, there was seemingly no future in them and my collection was largely broken or 'customised'. My parents told me I should keep them and that I would want to go back to them when I was older but I didn't listen to them. I had some now rare European toys too including Motorvators, Overlord, Action Masters and Rescue Force.

8. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I love G1, but I also love Minicons. I wish that every Transformer from Armada on had a least a couple of unobtrusive Minicon ports. I really don't want gimmicks associated to the ports, but I'd like them somewhere.

I love the idea that a Minicon can grant a power boost or a new power totally. I always thought the Mirage Minicon should grant the user invisibility and another could grant teleportation or speed, etc.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I agree. I'm sure most people would think it blasphemy to put mini-con ports on the Classics, but for me I consider it frustrating that I have 18 Classic Mini-cons that cant interact with their larger allies (except for a few that have accidental ports, like Bumblebee)

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I never bought these because they were blindpacked. I think they're cool though and I want to pick them up.