WST G1 Breakdown out! New weapons!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Scaleface, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The reason they did it is because it's a shrinking of the full sized KO set, which also had two technobots.

About 6 years ago they used to make full sized KOs of the Technobots, Terrorcons and Stunticons, all with full members. Then for some reason they stopped making Technobots, and the four Technobot limbs went into the Terrorcons and Stunticons. Afterburner and Nosecone went into the Stunticons and Strafe and Lightspeed went into the Terrorcon sets. I don't know if maybe some of the molds broke, and they mixed them to keep full sets or what.

[​IMG]

For some reason they stopped making the Terrorcon sets (maybe it's molds died?), all that's left in production are the Stunticons/Technobot blended set.

The only remaining molds (3 Stunticons and 2 Technobots) were then shrunken to make the KO WST Stuntibots.

2. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    Thanks, yes I have already started to collect them. WST size ones are on a yellow and red card and the Legends sized ones are on the blue. I have the WST sized Devastator and Superions and the Legends sized I literally just opened Menasor, Bruticus, and Defensor on the way. I was curious about Menasor because I just bought him and he came in the mail today. Why in the word did they give Menasor Computron Limbs? None of the other four are like that.

Also, I have seen they also have a Prdeaking set. Is it WST or Legends sized, or both?

Thanks again for the info!

3. gambit020480

gambit020480 Banned

Ebay:
    I would rather have it than be missing one combiner. It sucks and is inexcusable. But, I never expect a logical answer when it comes to KO's.

And hey, you never know. Maybe they will make Computron with Menasor limbs some day.

I hear the mold breaking stuff a lot in action figure fandom, but the truth is I work as an accountant for a plastics manufacturer. We get our molds from China and in the four years I have been at my job I have never heard of a mold breaking. That is an excuse you hear a lot and I really think it is more that the people who run the plants don't care what they are producing. They really wouldn't know a Transformer from Voltron. I'm not saying a mold never breaks, but they would have to have some age on them or serious miles before just breaking. If that were the case a company would not spend 300-500K for molds. Plus startup operating expenses.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Ha, yea. And it'll be the wrong limbs and some reason you won't be able to mix and match to make it correct! LOL!

5. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair though the molds from these guys were probably reverse engineered from a set of toys, possibly they are really cheap material. Moreover if they loose or break any piece, they might be inclined to just throw it out and mix in other pieces, there is no motivation to keep the set complete.

6. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    I read that whole thread. I know what was said. Noone knows if Venksta knows Justitoys (or if some do, it isn't known), so I phrased is how I did intentially.

& I'm sure Venksta would've recognized that Predacon (if it was a Predacon), had it been from the company he knows that's making a Predaking,

I found the full sized set at an Anime convention a few years ago...

I was wondering if there was a set w/ the other limbs & a Computron core... Now I know 'no', but there was a set w/ the other Computron limbs... I have a G1 Scattorshot (but it's missing the Computron kibble), I wonder if I'll ever see the other set? (maybe if I ever go into a Big Lots I could happen on one?)

Though, I'd rather have Menasor complete... I like the Stunticons more than the Technobots.

7. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

I havent seen a Predaking in the WST scale from those guys, there is however a Predaking from Wonderfest but expect to pay a fortune for it.

8. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still hope he makes G2 Sideswipe, ehobby Clampdown and Deep Cover decos. I'd buy them all.

9. AdyCarter

Id imagine he will. we all know how much he loves to reuse those moulds!

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yet he somehow keeps ignoring my suggestions... I've asked to see Rainmakers from teh Starscream mold, and a SG Dirge and Thundercracker. He hasn't done them. :-(

I already have the G2 Breakdown and the Tigertrack. The stickers sets they came with suggested there would be a G1 Breakdown (now for sale) and a Red Alert (probably with full weapons). I'm not sure if they will do the others.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Same here. I've also asked for the Generic Purple Seekers, and told him I would buy multiples of them.

12. AdyCarter

Yeah I wouldnt be suprised to see some more SG figures as he did prime, I guess he's maybe hesistent to do the rainmakers considering the obscene amount of version of the Seekers already :/ (I would like to see him re release the coloured chromed versions though)

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally unnecessary, as you can pick up WST Menasor KOs in every chinese market (granted, they come with Afterburner and Nosecone instead of Wildrider and Dead End).

14. AdyCarter

Not really the KO version (even the WST sized KO version) is still slightly too large scale wise, and while its Robot mode is pretty accurate the alt mode just looks wrong, even with Repro labels on it.

I'd much rather leave the KO sat on the Gestalt and have a more correct scaled alt mode version elsewhere in my display.

15. Twincast13

Twincast13 Well-Known Member

Wsts wanted buy only. Pm me if interested

16. redguyver

redguyver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well understandaly these are knock offs but it basically the same as wst sideswipe