WST Dinobots question - Swoop

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Is it absolutely 100% confirmed that Swoop will be a mail-away using those robot points? Reason I ask is that on each one, there is a silhouette of the next coming robot. Each one looks like who it is supposed to be. Yet the silhouette for this bonus figure looks nothing like Swoop to me. The others have been spot on.
    Maybe we will know more once Sludge is released. BTW, when is Sludge expected to be out?

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I thought the latest silhouette *was* Sludge? I didn't think they had a teaser image yet for Swoop.

3. Ruination04

News Credits:
    It's on the back of every box. I assume it's supposed to be Swoop since I have heard you have to redeem points to get it.

4. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Next release will be Sludge, and then a Swoop mail away promotion using the robot points will be run, and along with Swoop you get all of the rocket launchers for all the dinobots.

5. Ruination04

News Credits:
    That's what I am asking about. Is that 100% confirmed? That shadow on the back of the box is not Swoop. The other 4 silhouttes have actually looked like the characters.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still wondering when Sludge is gonna be released!

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i just ordered the other 3, so i dunno, but if sludge is next, wouldn't swoops siloette be on his box instead? or am i to understand they will be released at the same time?

i need to be filled in, since i just decided to get these.

8. Ruination04

News Credits:
    That is what I think...on Sludge's box, Swoop's silhouette will be on the side.....I just wanna know:

A. When is Sludge coming out?
    B. Is Swoop 100% definitely a mail-in?

9. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

To answer the inital question, no, it has not been 100% confirmed. In fact, it won't be 100% confirmed until we actually start to see production pics, and even then, Hasbro/Takara could FINALLY decide to be jerks about the whole thing and do something to halt the whole thing. But I have faith that Sludge WILL be next, and that Swoop IS the "secret" Dino-robot, and that he WILL come with ALL the Dino-robot's missle launchers. Just be patient. It'll happen.

10. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

As for when Sludge will come out,I've heard that it could be between March or May.

11. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    ^ That is much too long to wait. And to make it worse, you realize that it will be delayed at least once if not more. I love the WST Dinobots, but man they do take their sweet time releasing them.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, at least we're getting them.

13. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Define "decide to be jerks about the whole thing": As I understand it if they dont make moves to protect their intelectual property (where it is possible to do so) they risk actaully losing the ability to successfully defend said property in the future, in a very real sense you have to defend your IP in order not to lose it, even if the current violators aren't actually directly hurting you.

And while the Justitoys product is cool, and also not something that Takara/Hasbro have done themselves, it IS still blatantly piggybacking on Hasbro's marketing and products. Although wether it is actually a violation of their IP is not something I know enough to make anything but a guess on.

14. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

N one knows when the next WST Dino-robot will be released, just like we had no clue if/when the next were going to be released after Snarl, and then they hit us with a twofer with Slag & Grimlock. Nothing has come out from JustItoys for a release date on Sludge (and the shadow on the back of Slag & Grimlock's box IS Sludge), and then, in theory, we will get release info on the mail-in for Swoop w/ rocket launchers. I wouldn't expect anything regarding Sludge until Spring '07, and then Swoop another 6-12 months after that.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    unless they're both releases simultaneously just like the last pair were. So far, once the first word is released, its been another 2-3 months before actual toy release. going by the spacing of the dinobots we have thus far, you're looking at waiting another few months.

16. Ruination04

News Credits:

You are mistaken....The shadow on the side of Slag's is Grimlock and the side of Grimlock's is Sludge. The shadow on the backs of both is unidentified. It isn't shaped like Swoop.

17. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

can someone post a pic?

18. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Obvious who is on the sides........
    [​IMG]

But who is on the back? It isn't Swoop......
    [​IMG]

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Dude, it's Swoop. The silhouette may not look like him, but it's him. Think about it - they're not going to release Grimlock, Slag, Snarl & Sludge and then drop Swoop in place of some entirely new Dinobot character. If they do, I'll be the first one to publicly eat my own foot.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I can clearly see swoops wings in that silhouette on the back.