WST Bape Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Starstriker, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So i was one of the lucky few to get a Bape Convoy.

Here is my review of the Bathing Ape Convoy.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/453599-bathing-ape-bape-convoy.html

As I had said in that review, G1 prime and camo is a winning combination for me.

Then Aqualands, aka Heerotoymaker, put up pre-orders for a WST Bape Convoy.

I had to have it.

In short I like it. However the shades of browns and greens a just a smidgen off but not so bad that it bugs me. Just something I noticed. Same goes with my Shining Magnus and WST version Shining Magnus. Shades a just a smidgen off.

One thing that I really like, is that this set comes with two styled Prime guns. The one pictured is the bloated version, just like the real Bape Convoy, and then it comes with the later style skinny gun.

So here is a pictorial review of the set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the packaging. It is rather plain. I will need to get a repro box for this little guy.
    [​IMG]

2. Iconicon

Iconicon Well-Known Member

I got mine last Monday. Great little figure and much like you I grabbed him to go with the regular size BAPE Prime. I also grabbed WST Shining Magnus to go with my original Shining Magnus.

I agree the colors are ever so slightly off but not enough to ruin the figure.

WST BAPE Prime is getting shipped out Monday to my friend Curt for a custom WST Bathing Ape box to match the real size one. I will post pics when I get it back.

Great photos by the way. Thanks for sharing.

3. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will have to get curt's info for a box too!!