Writers Block

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Ravenxl7, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey, I've been recently trying to pick up where I left off in my fan fiction, but have run into a bit of writers block. How do you guys/gals get past it? I'm stuck on a bit of an emotional scene between some characters, and not sure how the one bot should react to something. I think I'll come up with something eventually, just need to work on it some more. I might also need to adjust some things too. Thanks for any replies.

2. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Music usually gives me inspiration. I just listen to some mp3s of songs I think would fit a particular scene and continue from there. However, doesn't always work and months could go by before you get anywhere. I just recently picked up on my Chronicles fanfic and I hadn't touched it in about no less than 9 months. Thankfully I had other eras in Chronicles to write as well as my Transtech fanfic. Sometimes you just gotta wait patiently till it comes to you.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I cribbed my solution from Bob Orci - draft out the scene no matter how bad, then work on it and improve it, because once you have something on paper in front of you, you have something that you can work on. As long as you've got a blank sheet, there is nothing to work with.

It's not for everyone, but I'll admit it does work for me.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try a combination of the music and the writting the scene out and then going back to work on it. Music has helped me concentrate on homework int he past, so it should, in theory, do some help here. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get this chapter done so I can post it up, and hopefully get some comments on it.

5. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

how about they get into an argument, one guy gets angry, and kills the other guy without thinking. i just spoiled a bit of my cryotek fanfic.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    :lolol  While that would be kinda funny for the situation I'm currently writing, it just wouldn't work (don't think you meant it as a serious suggestion anyways).

I might watch some episodes of Animated where Optimus and Sentinel argue with each other, as the characters that are currently arguing in my story can easily be compared to them.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A night of wild sex usually helps in my case.

8. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Fixed. =D

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Oh you.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not a medical professional, but I occasionally pretend to be. Also, I've been drinking tonight, so I'm smarter than usual.

And there's a scientific basis for Nachtsider's excellent suggestion. Rowdy, mind-blowing sex will release a flood of endorphins, which may stimulate creativity and other brain functions.

11. Cyberwolf1980

News Credits:
    Only things that brings for me are an uncontrollable desire to sleep, eat, watch TV, or all of the above.

12. Cyberwolf1980

News Credits:
    I hate lag