Fan Art: Writers and artists wanted for an Animated season 4 comic!

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Optimus Frimal, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Optimus Frimal

Optimus Frimal The Beast Era is coming..

So as some of you may know I recently rewatched the third season of Animated and like many other fans I was devastated when I found out it was cancelled and I'm still slightly bitter about its cancellation so I was thinking why not get a group of other fans together and get some kind of ongoing continuation comic going for Transformers Animated.
    At the moment I quite like the idea of doing it in a similar manner to how Dark Horse have been doing their Buffy comic which would mean a whole group of writers and artists work together to produce it under the guiding hand of an editor which would be myself in this case. Don't feel put off by that though as I'm not exactly planning on dictating everything that happens, in fact I want people to come in and present me with their ideas and take on events after season 4 in order to really have something that feels like its by the fans and for the fans. All I'll be doing really is making sure it all fits together in the Animated continuity.

All this means that for this project I will need a team of volunteers who hopefully love this series as much as I do. For this team I'm hoping to get at least two other writers on board, although more would be fantastic, to help me out with story arcs and to contribute ideas as well as writing actual scripts and I will also need some artists to help out. There is no ideal number of artists so if you want to help out then you can help out. The more the merrier I say!

So if you're a writer and you have ideas for future stories in the Animated universe or if your an artist and feel the same way then get in contact with me either through this thread or through a private message!

Just so everyone is clear though this project is entirely non-profit and as such I will not be offering any money for your efforts. However, I'm sure that whatever we manage to come up with will look fantastic in any potential portfolios and most importantly I'm certain the whole experience will be incredibly fun! :D