Writer with questions? Willing to help? Pop in!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by DaraRex2.0, Jul 26, 2007.

1. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I see a lot of separate threads with a single question, very simple, easy to answer, so I don't know if this is going to work. But, I have a lot of questions that pop up at random when I'm writing and I can't make threads for all of them. If it doesn't work out I'll let the thread die, but I hope it does because I have too many notes on junk and...they're all over my floor. Covered with ink. Bad...pen...explosion.

1. Name any Autobot and Decepticon city/states? Not enough money to cover c-book expenses >:/

2.Major one: How do Decepticons handle their court system? I would like to know how they convict and punish criminals but what I need currently is their due process of law (law?) that they have. Do they have a judge, several judges, a sort of jury, how is evidence represented, witnesses? Anything anyone can provide would be wonderful. But if you don't know, suggest something and I'll work with it in some way. Mostly, I want suggestions to compile into a single write that would be both interesting and different.

If anyone has a question or would like to add some useful information, please post. Want feedback on a character(s)? Suggestions for a plot? Writers block?

And it doesn't have to be about TF fan fiction universe, it could be any helpful hints for those potential writers out there. I hope this thread helps anyone out there that just loves to write
    :) 

2. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

1. In Beast Wars they used clicks and kilometers, not sure what they used in G1. For larger distances through space, etc I believe they did use lightyears. As for time references, in Beast Wars...
    Nano-click = Second
    Cycle = Minute
    Megacycle = Hour
    Solarcycle = Day
    Stellarcycle = Year

Sorry, not sure how to answer question two but this thread should be stickied :) 

3. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

About the Decepticons Law system, in IDW Beast Wars: The Gathering, it seems that Predacons were commanded by the Tripedacus Council. I suppose that Decepticons didn't have anything like that.

4. NMPT

NMPT Goofy ominous nutball

For number two, you won't get any one right answer. I don't think it has ever been said in official canon.

I have a question myself: How do you guys come up with descriptions of things? I always seem to make them to corny, or to short.

5. DaraRex2.0

Copy pasted darksage's time and distance ratios, I never got to finish Beast Wars but I did remember nano-click as second but I put cycle down as day. *edit* I couldn't remember what cycle went with, reasoned it was the cycle a planet makes around its star

Taker, the only thing I saw that was close to Decepticons court system was a meeting they had, I think it was in Infiltration, in that series at least. I could watch some court videos, one with jury and another private to get an idea how the Decepticons might go about it. But any small suggestion I'd care for, it takes a letter to make a word and words to make a sentence :) 

NMPT, for your question I would suggest you just write out the details most prominent in your descriptions, what makes the feature interesting. And there's nothing wrong with using very little description, it allows the reader to imagine more on his or her own and offers less restriction. You got to experiment and see how the flow of the words make you visualize what you've described. Post something and inquire others opinions.

Thanks for the posts guys, I hope some of the other writers look into this as I am only one person and diverse opinions are needed. And thanks for the sticky suggestion, darksage, you've rekindled my hope :>

6. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I believe there was enough evidence for cycle to be a minute rather than a day, for example when Rhinox says "now wait a cycle" instead of "wait a minute".

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

A few more time units
    Astrosecond/microsecond = second
    Astrominute = minute
    Quantum cycle = week
    Breem = 8.3 minutes
    Vorn = 83 years

Not sure about the Decepticon court of law, but assassination is an accepted way to move up in rank. It is not a crime to kill your superior, only to fail to kill them. In that way Decepticons are a lot like Klingons. Trial by combat might also be an accepted way to prove your guilt or innocence in a court. BW Megatron seemed to give Dinobot this change to redeem himself in Maximal No More. The Combaticons were stripped of their bodies for they betrayal, and their "sparks/personality components" imprisoned for all time instead of killed (until Starscream broke them out) suggesting a fate worse than death in the Decepticon court. Exile is also an accepted punishment for Decepticons to use. I think there was also a Decepticon/Predicon court scene when Quickstrike betrayed BW Megatron in season 3 (can't remember the specific episode sorry) but it had Waspinator in one of those white judge's wigs, I'd take the scene with a grain of salt, but you might also get some good hints about Predicon due process from it.

8. DaraRex2.0

That's very helpful ^^ Fairlady. I'll twist my original concept to sort of bind with that information, should be fun for the char :D 

9. DaraRex2.0

That's very helpful ^^ Fairlady, I think I'll just twist my idea around so that it goes with that, thanks. I think I can manage now. Or so I hope....