Write your review of the episodes here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Nov 26, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Write your review of what you think so far of any of the new episodes....!
    When a new episode comes out, write what you think or just rate the episode from 1 to 10.

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE....

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

episode 1 -8/10
    episode 2 +9/10. Lots of shooting, zombie robots what more can you ask for?

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Episodes 1 and 2:
    Very good start. Some random thoughts I wanted to voice.
    -Arcee is awesome. Her voice is great, though I did want the original back. I did notice Susan Blu was the voice director on the series though so that's something. What we do have is great though, as I said. She seems like a deeper character than we would normally get for an advertisement show.
    -Ratchet: He was fantastic too. His voice actor, whom I know as a Cardasian I can't place at the moment, was amazing. Pulled off the crotchety old man very well. This may be my favorite version of the character based on the first two episodes.
    -Optimus: Still hate the lips but THIS IS HOW HE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED IN THE MOVIE! He just looks so good, for the movie aesthetics. Could have used a more up beat like or two to make him a little less serious but still it's freakin Optimus Prime; no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I would have preferred them to call him Optimus for short rather than Prime (since Prime is a rank, or I hope it is), but that's a minor nit pick.
    -Bulkhead: Good so far. Not used much but his voice actor is good. I've heard him in other things so I approve.
    -Bumblebee: I freakin HATE him being mute! I am so sick of that. Also the random kid who understands beeps made me groan and roll my eyes. GIVE HIM HIS VOICE BACK!
    -Cliffjumper: Died way too fast. I liked the character a lot in the short time we knew him. So I guess that was the point. But I want him back and I *sadface*.
    -Soundwave: Speak please with a good voice. Also please get a face.
    -Megatron: Fantastic. Welker came up to the plate I feel. G1 Megs had a laughable voice only made bearable by the character himself. Modern Megs have shown he works well with a deep voice and Welker combines both to fantastic effect. This might become my default Megs voice, though WFC Megatron currently holds that title and won't relinquish it easily.
    -The humans: Jack was pretty good. Raf needs to die. Miko(?) needs to calm down. I wanted to slap her when she asked if there would be a test. But her base character seemed decent.

I would like to see more real Decepticons though the drones are good foot soldiers.

Over all, I am very sad that this series appears to be only 5 episodes long. I want a full 26 episode season or three! Yeah I still hate the movie aesthetics but it works better here than on film. Still would prefer a more WFC style.

Speaking of WFC I won't be considering it or Exodus as cannon really. I know Hasbro is shoehorning them in and I won't argue with people that will vehemently insist on their inclusion but it's blatantly obvious the creators of all three pieces of fiction aren't concerned with the others. So I'll merely agree to disagree about this point with people.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'll just copy this over from the main discussion thread.

It's okay. I'm not going to say it's shit and we'd have been better off if Animated was still around, but from what I've seen so far I do still prefer its immediate predecessor. For me, I think the biggest issue is the characters we have so far. After two episodes we don't really know much about anyone other than Arcee (who is completely and totally awesome). Ratchet's personality is coming along nicely and I'm getting some sense of who Bulkhead is, but Prime so far is coming off as really generic and Bumblebee needs his voice back, ASAP. I'm sure they'll develop more over time, but I think Animated did a far better job of introducing its cast. The over-focus on Arcee (still awesome) really did hurt the other four.

The Decepticons are equally vague. Starscream is pretty Starscream-y, although less openly rebellious than some other versions. Much more like the movie version than some of the others. Megatron is... big, scary, and angry. I don't really have a good feel for him yet. I'm not sure if he'll be more of a schemer like Beast Wars and Animated Megs, or a brawler like movie Megatron. Soundwave is a walking voice mail.

The kids... I'd rank them somewhere above the Rad/Carlos/Alexa group but below Bud/Cody/Lori. I already want to punch Raf and his "I'm better at computers than a highly advanced mechanical lifeform" crap, although outside of that I don't mind him. Jack is inoffensively boring. Miko... well, let's just say that I wouldn't mind terribly if Bulkhead forgets to watch where he steps around her (also, for someone who is obviously a foreign exchange student the lack of an appropriate accent is just lazy - that's always one of my pet peeves in any kind of audio medium; a real Japanese girl would not sound like she grew up in California).

I think the CG animation has some strengths and weaknesses. The big thing that bugs me is the lack of detail on... well, damn near everything. The figures move well, but there are still a lot of flat, unadorned walls and buildings. The mouths still look a little off to me, too.

So I'm not a huge fan right off the bat, but I will be back for more. Not unlike Zombiejumper.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought they were both very nicely done. I don't really care that Cliffjumper died so early, as they didn't invest much time in the character, so it was no big deal. I felt all the characterizations were dead-on.
    As far as the kids, what do you expext, anyone in their 20s or older is going to hate them, but they aren't any different from any other kids that are in any other current series.
    OVerall, the only thing I wasn't really happy with was Bumblebee being a mute, that needs to go. Looking forward to tthe rest.
    And anyone who thinks this is just going to be a 5-part series is delusional. This is going to be a full series, come on. Even in the 80s, MTMTE was a mini series, as were most of the early Gi Joe series

6. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    They have already stated that they want to make this a multi-year/season show. The 5 parter is just the launch mini-series like it was done many times for different shows in the 80s - It is not just going to be 5 episodes lol

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too slow, only 3 main Cons. Humans with the exception of Jack are annoying. I'll watch the next 3 episodes but so far not impressed.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    From the discussion:

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overall (including both episodes 1 and 2) I give it a 4/5. BUT YOU BETTER BRING BACK CLIFFJUMPER HASBRO, AND MORE CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I'm sure more characters wll come.

11. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Episodes with more than one part usually mesh together in my head, so I'll keep them together.

This is not in chronological order in any way.

-Dark Energon = Unicron's Blood: Seems mythical. Means Unicron exists in TFP continuity.

- I've gotten used to the humans after a couple watches.

-Raf can understand Bumblebee? Okay....

-Jack was getting pretty freaky with Arcee. (In motorcycle mode)

-Soundwave looks better then the first picture of him IMO.

- Animation's pretty good.

-Seems that Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee adopted their own kid.

-Cliffjumper zombie! Wonder what happened to him.....

- Jeffery Combs Ratchet is awesome.

-I guess Dark Energon is an evil version of the Allspark. IE: turns mechanical things into EVIL robots.

I might edit this as thoughts enter my head. I JUST watched this on my DVR, and these are first impressions.

EDIT 1: Oh yeah, I'm supposed to rate them.... Uh... 8/10? Stop pressuring me!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  12. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

meh.......that about sums it up for me.

13. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Only watched Episode 1 so far and waiting on Episode 2 so I thought I may contribute some of my thoughts.

First off, real nice intro. I for the most part kept myself spoiler free cept for the bit about Cliff biting it. Great jumping straight into the action, loved the small talk between bots. Really suggests something between Arcee and Cliff. This particularly became evident at his funeral where I guess Arcee is a more solitary character and decides to deal with his loss on her own which really manifested in her confrontation with the two Eradicons. Also nice use of "scrap" as Cybertronian expletives, though I always found myself preferring "slag", who knows they may be saving it for a certain Dinobot? *CROSSES FINGERS*

The pace is really quick, intro'd the characters but definitely loved the human perspective. One thing i remember hearing about is that the humans are the avatars for us to view the world and I totally got into that when they were taken to Autobot HQ. The low angle shot of the Autobots really carries across their size and the things you'd notice when entering the base.

Animation wise, I can understand the metal for their bodies seeming a little dull and lacklustre, I think its only slightly better than BW Season 3 and BM but what the show makes up for is in environment. The environment is much more vivid and lush creating a better viewing experience. It is without a doubt the thing that sticks out the most when I rewatch BW or BM, the characters look great but the backgrounds fail in comparison. Prime strikes a good balance. I hope the tech continues to develop as we go along.

There's a lot of questions to be answered and I think they raced through because they have set it up as a 5 parter. So on its own its a little weak imo, not much to hook the viewer but will have to see how it as a 5 parter holds up.

14. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Too slow? are you serious?

I can accept not liking there being only 3 cons and the fact that everyone always thinks humans are annoying (even though I was not annoyed at all by these three) but TOO SLOW? Did you watch the same two episodes I watched?

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I agree. I don't get how one could say this show moved slow in anyway. Seemed like the show got right to the point right off the bat, to me. Fact I might say it was moving a little too fast in some respects.

16. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I am with you I mean we had a chase scene a few intense fight scenes and a character death all in the launch...I wouldnt call that slow!

17. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Let's see.

Really liking the voice cast so far, I don't really mind Bee talking with beeps all that much.

The kids are no where near as annoying as I thought they were going to be.

Not too happy about Cliff dying, I really like him and I really like Dwayne Johnson, and I think that Dwayne did a great job and I hope that Cliff really isn't dead and that Ratchet can find a way to reverse the contamination.

The animation was solid, I've been saying for a long time that we needed a good CGI series, might not have said it on here but I've been saying it.

Overall: 9/10 (for both Episodes).

The only reason why I didn't give it a perfect score is the fact that Bee and Soundwave won't/don't speak.

18. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    very simply put:

Bayformers + TFA + WFC = Transformers: Prime.

BB & Soundwave + no voice; Cliffjumper, Ratchet, & Starscream + suck voice; characters + noseless faces = FAIL

Prime, RC, & Megatron + great voice; gorgeous CGI + great story = WIN

IMO, this show's good and bad balance each other out. I really enjoy it so far. After watching the "behind-the-scenes," apparently, you have to have a moustache to be a male Transformers character! So that's one more thing I can cross off my list.

19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    mediocre plot and bad script has almost scared me off. if this were all I had watched recently, I'd think the writer's strike was still going on. I'll probably try to give it another chance, but man am I dissapointed.

Do like Jeffrey Combs as Ratchet though.

And those damned kids, as bad as the armada characters imo.

20. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

So far the only Transformers serieses i have enjoyed (pre-Prime) have been G1, Beast Wars, and Robots in Disguise. I also could have done without the live action movies (I am one of THOSE fans). However this series (so far) is incredible! The storyline, action, and serious nature has (assuming the rest of the series continues to be as good) already topped Beast Wars and RoD for me. I have a hard time believing that this was made with children in mind, and I think Hasbro and Disney are going to have a fight on their hands once parenting groups see what happens to Cliff jumper, but as an adult fan I thought it was incredible!
    Within just the first episode they packed in more storyline, character development, relevant action, and intrigue than 2 Micheal Bay movies combined (I know that isn't saying much but that's a lot to pack into <30 mins). Plus Hearing Peter and Frank back at it was awesome!
    My question/comments for everyone are:
    1.How does everyone like the new more sinister Starscream? (personally I am really impressed with the character tot he point where I stopped pulling the "well in G1" card after about 30 seconds)
    2. Is Soundwave "female" in this series? (I should be upset, I should claim it will ruin Transformers forever...but I can't)
    3. What is up with the humans and the fact that they don't make me want to change the channel (sure I could do without them, but they aren't just high pitched voices following the Autobots around. I don't think we've had this since G1.) Other than Miko, I really may hate her (I can tell she will be popular with the fans of Animated because she is annoying) but she does make Ratchet cringe which further develops his excellent character and so I'm willing to deal.
    All and all as i've said, if it continues to be THIS good (or even slacks a little after the 5 part series is up) then they have something golden on their hands and it is likely to be my second favorite Transformers series/continuity since G1
    My only "gripe' is that it does not follow the War for Cybertron (which I also loved) storyline which i was lead to believe it would. But honestly, I can love them both without them tying in. I am just thrilled to be thrilled with something that isn't G1/BW again! =)