Wrestlemania 23 reactions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Switch625, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Did anybody else check out the pay per view last night? I went back a couple pages and didn't see a thread so I thought I'd make one.

Overall, I'm glad I only paid $5 for this. A bunch of us got together and split it. I actually paid more for my share of pizza than I did for the event, so dollar for dollar it was a great buy!

I was pretty entertained by the whole thing. The Khali and women's matches were as bad as I thought they would be but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the hair match. It was pretty obvious as soon as the match was announced so many months ago what the end result would be. I'll give Vince the respect he deserves for going through with it. The Money In The Bank match was pretty entertaining. The Edge/Hardy bump was pretty ugly and they sold it well. Assuming they were actually selling. The show still ended about a half hour early, which was odd. I don't understand why nobody realized how light the card was. Undertaker's and Cena's entrances were longer than a standard WWE match (we clocked Taker's entrance at around 10 minutes). That's not right.

I was very happy that Undertaker's streak lives on and that he's the new heavyweight champion. I thought it was a pretty good match. That makes the HBK loss a little easier to take. I fully expected Cena to retain, but it was still incredibly disappointing considering that HBK carried Cena to what was arguably the best match of his career. HBK has really gone above and beyond in the last year. He's gone with the DX angle, even though he has been extremely uncomfortable with it. He's tired and really banged up and has needed a break for the last six months but has stepped up to the plate and carried the company, especially in light of HHH's injury. And what does he get for his trouble? He's made to tap out in the main event of the company's biggest event of the year. Not fair.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

There were some pissed off people calling in to work trying to order it last night. Every time there's a wrestling PPV, some of the customer service reps come in to assist in ordering. Apparently, only 2 of them came in last night. There were people waiting an hour on hold, the call Q was rarely below 90 the whole night for the cable side. We'd get calls for it on our side, internet tech support, and just have to transfer them into the cable Q. Some people were flipping out because they had already been on hold for 30 minutes, they'd call back, get us, and we'd put them back in, and have to wait even longer. Nothing we could do, we don't have access to those systems.

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Isn't there an official thread somewhere?

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    There's an ongoing wrestling thread but Wrestlemania's a pop culture staple, I think it goes beyond the normal chit-chat of what happened on Raw that week.

The finish to Cena/HBK left me with a bad taste in my mouth, after how bad Cena was booed at the Hall of Fame ceremony I would have thought WWE wouldn't have pulled that on us, Cena winning yet again... The guy is not charismatic in the least, the most hated face ever and they just keep trying to cram him down our throats. Bottom line, WWE knew it would happen and still did it, you do not end your most expensive show of the year with 80,000 people booing the big winner of the night.

Aside from that it wasn't that bad. Money in the Bank was great, Matt taking Sharmel hostage and Hownswoggle taking a bump were awesome. Taker and Batista was actually a better match than the main event, they said they wanted to top the other world title match and they did it very well. Thank you WWE for getting that one right, Undertaker needs to retire without ever losing at Mania.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So who's head got shaved?

6. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Great review! I cant believe they didnt give HBk the title.

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Vince's. As it turns out it really was his real hair all along.

8. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vince

9. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, that was not a surprise.

10. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

I pretty much liked mania it was worth my money and it was entertaining

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So how come the final match was between Cena and Michaels and not Taker vs Batista? IMO, the latter would have made better main event and I'm most pleased that the Taker kept his streak...

12. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

So it seems all that timeVince spends with large strange people did him no good against The Donald. I guess since trump doesn't sleep, he has plenty of time to work out.

13. gil

gil Godmaster

I didn't get to see it. I used to order every single WWF and WCW PPV, then in the past 4-5 years, it was just Wrestlemania. This last one I was busy on Sunday, so it didn't get ordered.

As far as Shawn tapping out to Cena, well Benoit tapped out to Cena a week ago or something. IMO, That was worse then Shawn. And I wonder who's going to take the belt off the Undertaker. Mr. Kennedy? And is Batista a bad guy? I get to only see Raw. No Smackdown for me.

14. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I'm glad The Undertaker won the title, but that's pretty much it. I wouldn't watch a WWEak pay-per-view even if they were paying me to view it.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Batista and Undertaker were both good guys, but Undertaker was the sentimental favorite of the crowd.

16. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    want results go to wwe.com

17. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Well the tribute video was awesome. Looks like it was a good one.

18. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

News Credits:
    A lot of people are saying they consider the Batista/Undertaker match as match of the night. Batista kicked things up a notch last night, and that's what it was going to take.

19. Psycho_Mantis

Psycho_Mantis Well-Known Member

i was THERE with my best friend.
    my favorite match was Batista Vs undertaker.
    i got to shake Taker's hand.

20. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was there as well, but pretty far up. It was a 4 match show. The crowd was very into MOTB, Batista/Undertaker, Trump and Cena's matches. Every time Cena came on the screen people were booing and it was great. The other 4 matches were pretty weak, the ECW one being the most boring. The crowd was amazing, being in one building with that many people was incredible!