Wreckers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Concerning the Wreckers, are we sure they're Autobots?

I mean, yes, Wreckers are an Autobot team in every other universe, but then in every other universe Seekers were an elite force of Decepticon Jets. In the movie, Seekers were scouts sent out to find suitable suns to harvest for the Allspark.

I think these Wreckers are Decepticons.

2. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I thought they were decepticons too but I saw footage of them firing with a group of nest soldiers which made me think they're on the autobot side. I don't hhave the link for the vid tho.

Btw, does anyone know when and where these guys were confirmed as wreckers?

3. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

i think they're not on either side they just do what they are paid to do, which is kill decepticons on earth

4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
  6. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure they're either Autobots or Decepticons. From what's been said of Patrick Dempsey's character
    , they are three of the cars he owns as a racing driver which have been modified by the humans' knowledge of cybertronian technology. Of course depending on whether or not he's a 'pretender', they could just be human weapons or they could turn out to be something more to do with the Decepticons

7. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
  8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Since it is the movies that does mean that it could be any number of things. Right now it's making a best guess off the tid-bits that have been dug up.

I guess my concern is do the Autobots really need something like the Wreckers? Prime is a killing machine, Bumblebee is like Snake Eyes from GI Joe, the humans have weapons like rail guns. So do the Autobots really need any more super bad ass members or weapons when they already have so much of an edge over anything the Decepticons can come up with?

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Only if they're fodder. There should be some Autobot deaths. I never cared for the Wreckers even in comic form. Other than a few iconic characters, it's a bunch of nobodies and therefore hard to muster a damn about.

10. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

the way it's shaping up with the wreckers being 'cons or 'bots tf3 is going to be one kick ass movie.

11. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Yes. The advantage must be overwhelming to the point of stupidity. A total stomping is "heroic" you know. The 'cons cannot be allowed to be perceived as much of a threat, ruins the film and takes away from "Sam-time".

That's what I've seen, anyway.

- Coeloptera

12. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

Why does the storywriter like to pinch stuff from the comics? I mean, first he took Simon Furman's THE FALLEN character that isn't that popular anyways in the comics and turned him into a main character, and then now he's taking another Simon Furman creation the Wreckers who are a bunch of autobot commandos mostly made up of triple changers.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Taking things from other parts of Transformers isn't something that is confined to the movies. Transformers Animated was taking things from all over the history of Transformers for that cartoon. From what little we've seen of Transformers Prime it looks like that show will be taking bits from all over the place as well. The Generations toy line takes things from all over.

In a way it's rather refreshing that Transformers could be more than just something that takes all it ideas from G1. Lots of good characters, story ideas, and other elements that happened between the end of G1 and the movies so why not borrow from those ideas as well?

Plus we don't really know yet if the movie Wreckers will be the same as the comic book Wreckers or not. Just look at how different seekers are between the old idea of the seekers and the movie idea of the seekers.

14. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

hopefully the 3 wreckers are part of the 5 team stunticons combiners.