Wreckers Vehicle modes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I realized today Hasbro isnt giving us all of them in their weapon modes for a reason. One we should be thankful of.

Movie accuracy for robot mode.

With the Wreckers, its really one mode or the other. Topspin's was armored because his robot mode didnt really depend on his vehicle mode pieces being in large recognizable pieces, but Roadbuster was a different story.

Roadbuster has the entire hood of the car split on his chest, and in vehicle-Stealth Force mode its not even there. It's folded away and transformed. So for a movie accurate robot mode, Roadbuster had to be 'clean' and unweaponized.

HA Roadbuster is a compromise, his vehicle mode is not completely accurate. The Cyberverse/Legends class Roadbuster has an accurate vehicle mode, but cheats to get an accurate chest in robot mode.

Leadfoot is the only one who can go either way (based on the poor images of the prototypes we've seen), but his HA seems to be more accurate. His robot mode fits the concept art more, having transformed from a 'clean' vehicle mode instead of a weaponized one. Notice how the Robot mode of the Deluxe lacks the accurate door chest because they go to his arm, a compromise for trying to make both modes as movie accurate as possible. But neither one looks really bad.

So I really doubt we're ever going to get a deluxe weaponized Roadbuster, but clean versions of the other two Wreckers might be possible.

Thoughts?

2. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    All I know for sure is, if they never make a complete set of either clean or weaponized, whether its deluxe, HA, or whatever... Im going to be PISSED -_-

edit: Ive always thought they should of done the 3 HAs weaponized, and the 3 deluxes clean. Wishful thinking >.>

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually that's a pretty sensible reasoning. I'm sure advertising is another part, but yeah, now that you mention it it does depend.

The thing is, they could do a weaponised Roadbuster and just give him faux kibble.

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the HA Roadbuster vehicle inaccuracies you're referring too? (other than the white paint missing- if you go into paint aps no hasbro toy ever really hits a home run)

I've looked at my Roadbuster next to photos of the real thing from some Nascar display somewhere and was pleasantly surprised at how close they did come.

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who wants toys of the cars that you have to manually transform into weaponized mode?

6. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    I was going to say this about Leadfoot, but that was before we saw the deluxe *cough parts missing cough one:p 

7. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    He's got parts of his hood and headlights for teh chest in robot mode covering the wheels.

The actual car used for filming doesn't have those.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its probably as close as they can get considering they need those parts for robot mode, so its not too big of a deal but its not totally accurate either.
    Hasbro did do a good job getting it as close as possible though.

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's incorrectly transformed. Actually it's a bit of a bitch to transform it the way they have it as you have to force parts that aren't supposed to be forced in order to have the hood lamps down in car mode. They're supposed to go in the exact same place they appear on the real car (although they are a bit more streamlined on the real car than when properly transformed on the toy).

They fold back onto the upper hood and the lamps swivel to reveal guns.

9. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto. If not, I'm ok with them just being unweaponized instead.

10. blurr69

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

11. Ultrawave

News Credits:
    Huh, I've not seen it like that before. I'm impressed.

I guess they can pull that off with HA because of the bigger size and how much more engineering they're allowed or something with it, but I can't see it being feasible with deluxe class.

12. blurr69

Ebay:
    Pretty sure thats exactly right, and why it happened that way. Im very very let down about HA leadfoot not being weaponized.. Makes me want to get rid of roadbuster, now while hes still somewhat sought. I know even if they DID make a HA weaponized topspin now, I wont care enough to want anymore ;;.

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Well even tho HA Leadfoot is gonna be de-weaponized I still plan on getting him and one day mod him to where he is weaponized,since we never seen the Wreckers any other way in the movie.And I really hope Hasbro has plans to do Topspin eventually.

14. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I wish all of the deluxes were weaponized and Human Alliance were the NASCAR versions. It seems to make more sense seeing as how HA is more of an car-centric extension of Alternators and deluxes are aimed more at the kiddies who are in it for the play value.

15. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That does make sense, but I think it would be possible to make a reasonably accurate weaponized Deluxe Roadbuster that had a pretty good vehicle mode. I'm still hoping for a weaponized Deluxe Roadbuster for the DOTM line. If they don't want to make an entirely new mold, they could probably get away with remolding all the vehicle mode parts.

16. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    So this is what he have so far (correct me if I'm wrong):

Cyberverse:
    Topspin = NOT weaponized
    Roadbuster = weaponized
    Leadfoot = weaponized

Deluxe:
    Roadbuster = NOT weaponized
    Leadfoot = weaponized
    Topspin = weaponized

Human Alliance:
    Leadfoot = NOT weaponized
    Roadbuster = weaponized
    Topspin = ???

For each size class, it appears that two Wreckers are weaponized while one Wrecker is NOT weaponized. In addition, it almost seems as if each Wrecker takes a "turn" at being NOT weaponized. For Cyberverse it was Topspin. For the deluxe class it was Roadbuster. For Human Alliance it was Leadfoot. Based on how things are so far, Human Alliance Topspin (if they even do one) will most likely be weaponized.

Kinda sucks if you want all 3 Wreckers to be one style.

I'm torn personally - I like both styles. Come on Hasbro! Make both styles for every Wrecker in each size class! (Not gonna happen - :D .)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  17. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the reason we saw a plain RB is because Dale Jr is HUGE in NASCAR and putting out a "normal" looking 88 car also brings in people that dont really collect TFs, but do collect diecasts of him.

Thats my theory, and I still hate how they totally messed up the 88 # on the HA version.

18. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure - don't people who collect NASCAR cars either collect diecast (similar to the Cyberverse size) or bigger cars similar to the Human Alliance size? I don't really see many NASCAR fans collecting cars the size of Transformers deluxe size. So if your theory were correct, I would have expected Hasbro to make plain versions of Roadbuster in both the Cyberverse and Human Alliance size class.

I agree though - Dale Jr. is huge in NASCAR. I was pleasantly surprised to see NASCAR selling the NASCAR Transformers at the Sprint Cup races.

19. KingStyle

KingStyle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well typical size is 1/24, however there are 1/64 scale cars, but if has the 88 on it then they are buying it.