Minor/Repaint: Wreckers Rack'N'Ruin WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Jul 29, 2012.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Just a quick few shots of my latest work in progress done today. Continuing my line of "Ultimatized" Wreckers, I picked up 2 of the Gen. Warpaths from TJ Maxx for $7 each today and had a idea for these guys. Combined them with a chain from the DOTM HA Leadfoot dog accessory. The chain unplugs for them to go their seperate ways if needed. Waiting on my Hammer and Anvil to come in from Shapeways, so I just got weapon placeholders in their now so you can kinda get an idea of what they'll look like. Don't think the originals transformed (at least not from what I've seen), but I like my TF's to transform, and if you're a Wrecker, why not transform into twin tanks, right? I'll be painting these guys up over the course of the next few weeks and will post a finished thread when completed. Going for a military green on these guys, with some black/silver/gold details here and there. As always, let me know what you guys think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    So...the surgery that saved their lives...consisted of chopping their arms off and adding a chain?

I mean, the idea's cool, but the spirit isn't present. They're Siamese twins, not chain-gang buds. If they get grafted at the arm and chest, then that'd be more...consistent.

3. wheeljack2010

Yeah, I had a hard time finding a suitable linkage. Maybe I should go with a male and female energon port connector? I can get these from Shapeways too I think?
    Thanks for the input!

4. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I thought their alt modes before the operation that fused them were Cybertronian jets of some sort.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice idea but they need to be fused rather than linked by a chain.

It will look good when done but the whole idea was that they were surgically joined to save their lives as one can't live without the other. Joining them together at the shoulder would work but it would sacrifice some posability as Rack'N'Ruin are considered one bot.

6. wheeljack2010

Yeah, took the chain off, will now wait for the energon port to come in and join them at the shoulder.

Yes, they were jets, but I like the idea of tanks better for my version of the wreckers. For those of you not familiar with the "Ultimate" style from Marvel comics- what is done, is that it takes your character in a set universe and reinvents the character for a modern take on them. This means they may have a slightly different appearance, a slightly different backstory, or they may be a couple different familiar characters all merged into one character. So this is to be a fresh take on the characters guys, don't get too bogged down in G1, if you do, you miss the idea here:) 

7. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Interesting idea. I'm looking forward to seeing them completed.

8. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea. I'm actually working on a set of them too, but I don't plan on having them transform. Also, I'm using two PCC guys (the helicopter one, Searchlight or whatever). This is neat though. I would like to see the final product!

9. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

good start, I think the ports would be better than the chain as well, good luck and I look forward to seeing them done.