Wreckers question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lody666, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We have Regular Roadbuster-mo armor or weapons etc

Deluxe Topspin and an upcoming deluxe Leadfoot with all the bells, whitles and guns to shake a stick at (NOT THE HA series)

Will there be version of Topspin and Leadfoot like Regular Roadbuster

OR

Will there be a Deluxe version of Roadbuster like Topspin and Leadfoot

That make sense?

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I would love for the IDW wreckers to be made.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    All I know is, there's currently rumors (and should be treated only as such) that we'll be getting a weaponized Deluxe Roadbuster. I personally haven't heard anything about a "plain" Topspin or Leadfoot.

4. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So safe to say for the moment, that once Deluxe Leadfoot comes out that's it for the time being?

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's more likely for a Roadbuster to come out like Topspin/Leadfoot than the other way around.

6. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    me too! iv been working on my own custom versions. but official ones would be amazing!

7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    There were rumors of a weaponized Roadbuster, but Hasbro ain't the type to make complete sets.

The Movieverse Wreckers fall prey to the same problems as the Constructicons: several members with little screen time and similar alts all being released at the same-ish time. Plus, unlike the Cons, the Wreckers have also been released in several different size classes. I doubt they warrant even more molds any time soon.

8. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I am really hoping we get a weaponized Roadbuster. I'm disappointed with our current one

9. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Oh man, don't even get me started on how disappointed I am at the designers for creating a piece of garbage.

They pretty much built the robot then slapped a car onto his back. He is barely accurate to the CGI model from the waist down. They could have took all that bulk on the back and put that to creating some decent fucking legs, but noooooo they simplified the shit out of him and we got a shit figure from it.
    It's a recurring theme with many of the DOTM toys having them haul their car modes around on their backs. Even deluxe Soundwave suffers from this problem too.

Get the HA figure. It's smaller than the HA figures of the previous lines and he's only slightly taller than the deluxe itself so he doesn't scale too bad with the other deluxes (The Wreckers did seem pretty big themselves compared to the other autobots.). Plus he's armored up and he's a really fun figure.

10. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    So wait a minute, I kno you guys are talking about the movie version of roadbuster, but isn't the universe figure of him that's packed with dirge from 08 based on the IDW version? I was planning on picking him up for that reason. Or am I wrong..

11. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

IDW Roadbuster is a beast. The universe version is too short and the face is not right.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

No, the version you're thinking about is actually a repaint of a 2005(?)-ish figure from Cybertron and is only accurate in colors, and if based on ANY comic incarnation, would be based on the included G1 comic, not IDW. The original use of that figure was for "Cybertron Defense Hot Shot" from the Cybertron line.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Once Leadfoot comes out, I'd love to see a weaponized trio made from Leadfoot, Topspin, and sticking all of their spare guns onto Roadbuster. I also think I heard that his missile launchers can deploy in vehicle mode. Does he have C-bar supports anywhere in the vehicle mode?

Might work... ish? I don't have a single Deluxe Wrecker so I am definitely speaking out my ass.