Minor/Repaint: Wreckers - Impactor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MissingSea, Apr 14, 2011.

1. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

Finished this one a while back and he was my first attempt at scratch building parts from styrene, as well as adding to existing parts with styrene and green stuff.

The base mold for him was going to be Energon Landmine, but I felt that mold suited Roadbuster better, so while trawling through various online figure galleries I came across Cybertron Unicron.
    Tank? Check
    Right Shoulder Mounted Cannon? Check
    Tank Treads on Forearms? Check

I based him heavily on Nick Roche's Last Stand interpretation.
    He needed some major reworking in various parts. I was going to keep the armour on the legs as it was, but it didn't fit with Impactors blocky asthetic, so I scratch built the panels from styrene and various other bits and peices I had lying around.
    The 'handpoon' was scratched from styrene and is attached with 2 rare earth magnets (it can also attach to the alt mode to the left of the main cannon). The shoulder cannon was also scratch built, with the exception of the attachment to the shoulder. The head is the original Unicron one with the horns cut off and greenstuff scuplting.

Since I did this Joey Santana found an even better mold for him (I must say I love his take on him), and I expect with some heavy modding Generations Warpath would also work for him. But hindsight is a wonderful thing, so I bring you Impactor (I'll post Roadbuster, Sandstorm and Twin Twist soonish):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Nice.

Impactor is such a great character. Love your custom attempt. Very good.

Keep up the good work!

Forgot to say, I have a custom Impactor, will try and post a pic too. Not built by me though

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    love the alt mode. and the robot, I feel bad about just doing impactor as darkmount with a head swap now :(  I'll have to revisit him now for sure.

4. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Nice work, loving the mods and the paint. Looking forward to the rest of the team.

5. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i love this killing machine !!

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great mold choice, and BEAUTIFUL work reskinning it in styrene. I would not have guessed the base mold if you hadn't mentioned it!

7. MissingSea

Thanks all, I'll post the rest of the Team over the next couple of days. I don't want to spam the boards with them so I'll do them a day at a time.

As I say, Impactor was my first real attempt at major styrene work. I'm still fairly happy with him, though the alt mode does still bug me as it could be better, but you live you learn.

8. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You know I love it, man. Excellent work on this! As far as being your first major styrene work, I think you hit it out of the ballpark, bro. And I know exactly what you mean--once you learn new things, you look back on something you've done and realize you can do it better, but I honestly believe this is a great piece regardless.

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Great job!!! Really looks like LSOTW Impactor. :thumb 

10. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Nice work! I love the creative ways people are doing Impactor. Sure, the Impactor from Crossovers Cap. America or Iron man is very awesome as well, but I like the more creative takes more. :D 

11. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey bro! Really good seeing you here!
    You know this custom really inspired me on the making of mine.

Great mould choice and very well executed mods, specially on the scratchbuilt shoulders, they are fantastic!

12. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. It's a good mold to start with. Hasbro would do well to do a remold just like this. I'd buy it.

13. MissingSea

Thanks, funny thing is with the styrene work, once I started I couldn't help myself :)  . But as the saying goes - 'you are your own worst critic' and in my case it doesn't help that I have OCD to make things interesting...

Cheers, I have to say I'm loving your take on the LSOTW team, especially Ironfist :) 

Thanks :)  , LSOTW Wreckers definately inspired me to try something different with his alt mode choice :) 

As I said over at S70, I really love your take on Impactor and if I were to do him again I would most definately go down your route of using Demolisher.

It is a good mold (granted the one I got was missing all of the accessories, not that it matter since he was always destined to be Impactor), with a few tweaks in the transformation scheme some folding tracks on the legs and he'd be perfect. Though I'd still like to find a way to better hide the head in alt mode.

14. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Never in a million years would I have chosen Unicron... BUT IT WORKS SO AWESOMESAUCELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!